Trouble running EXE after compiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varren

Top 50 In #FortniteMostWanted
Sonic Team Junior
Right now I'm in the process of updating my source to at least for work 2.0.6, but when the compilation is complete and I run the program, the executable comes with the error "srb2win.exe is not a valid Win32 application".

Right now I'm in need of help to try to fix this error, so any help is appreciated.

I have compiled it with wxDev-C++ so I'm not sure if this is a compiler error or an application error.

what mod? what version of Mingw? WxDev-C++?
and how did you update your codebase?

what mod? what version of Mingw? WxDev-C++?
and how did you update your codebase?

I've started a build on SRB2TEF, and I think the version of of mingw is 3.16 looking at package manager (hoping that's right), and wxDevC is the most recent.

About the codebase I'm not sure what you mean about that.

that not a version, it should be something like #.#.#

codebase: what is your MOD' code based on?

For the codebase I'm guessing 2.0.6? I'm kind of confused for what the codebase is sorta.. (kinda new to this ._.)
EDIT: 2.0.5 compiles and runs perfectly, 2.0.6 gives me a Win32 error...

Last edited:
cpdebug.mk

the WxDev-C++ project includes comptime.mk and cpdebug.mk for they're the all-after and all-before custom rules, for getting the Subversion number and making an exe.debug file of the EXE for EIP tracking....

I am guessing that objcopy.exe is messing up the resulting EXE....
try empty out cpdebug.mk or tell WxDev+C++ not to include cpdebug.mk and see what happends

the WxDev-C++ project includes comptime.mk and cpdebug.mk for they're the all-after and all-before custom rules, for getting the Subversion number and making an exe.debug file of the EXE for EIP tracking....

I am guessing that objcopy.exe is messing up the resulting EXE....
try empty out cpdebug.mk or tell WxDev+C++ not to include cpdebug.mk and see what happends

Removing cpdebug.mk made it run without the Win32 error. :D
I thank you for your help so far =).

Also how do I get this onto the SVN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back