SigSegving character wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.U.B.I.K.

Hi everyone, i'm rubik. Some of you know me from netgames, but anyways.

I'm having a bit of trouble with my character wad. I DID read the wiki, mind you. The S_SKIN1 is on top of the first player sprite, the sprite colors use the SRB2 pallette (I think), and everything is in order.
It's just that, whenever i try to switch to it in multiplayer, i get sigsegv'd.
All of the sprites are present, but when i wrap them in S_START and S_END, the game replaces sonic's sprites with my character's (O_o)
I double and triple checked the S_SKIN1 and the objectconfig, but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone help me?
(BTW, I'll upload it if needed)
Also, when it's fixed, should i post it in the character releases section?

R.U.B.I.K. said:
Hi everyone, i'm rubik. Some of you know me from netgames, but anyways.

I'm having a bit of trouble with my character wad. I DID read the wiki, mind you. The S_SKIN1 is on top of the first player sprite, the sprite colors use the SRB2 pallette (I think), and everything is in order.
It's just that, whenever i try to switch to it in multiplayer, i get sigsegv'd.
All of the sprites are present, but when i wrap them in S_START and S_END, the game replaces sonic's sprites with my character's (O_o)
I double and triple checked the S_SKIN1 and the objectconfig, but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone help me?
(BTW, I'll upload it if needed)
Also, when it's fixed, should i post it in the character releases section?

Actually, S_START and S_END aren't necessary. I figured this out when helping someone else with their character WAD. S_SKIN1 (or S_SKIN), should come right before the first frame. RIGHT BEFORE IT. And you may want to consider naming the skin to S_SKIN, maybe that's why it replaces Sonic's.

If you're using XWE, they automatically are converted to the palette. If you use SLumpEd like I do, you must convert it to Doom Gfx.

Yes, it goes in the character releases section. If it's a sprite rip or a recolor, though, we don't want it.

YES, YOU NEED TO UPLOAD IT.

R.U.B.I.K. said:
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
R.U.B.I.K. said:
ok: here it is
BTW, all the sprites are custom made by me. I'm not the best spriter, though
I made it in XWE

http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=1e6b30e09e25c0d3f1282f89c57cf0d2

Those first three lumps had offsets. They weren't supposed to.
offset? It was like that when i put the images in XWE. Does it have to do with the file type?
Anyways, thank you for helping me!

XWE does offsets automatically, unlike SLumpEd. That's good for the player sprites, but you must manually change the offsets of the life icon, the name to the right of the life icon and the Character Select picture to 0,0. I added this to the wiki in big bold letters. Someone else made the same mistake.

EDIT: I figured out the problem. The sprites were too big. Mods, you can lock this thread now.
Thank you srb2wikisonicmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back