Custom Record Attack issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Chao

horns Horns HORNS
Basically I'm trying to test record attack in my SP maps to see how I'll go about the emblems for it, but I run into two problems. First, apparently, record attack unlocks itself after you beat Greenflower 1. But since the SP rotation in my pack starts in a different map completely (QA to be exact), it won't unlock unless I turn devmode on or something, map map01, and then beat Greenflower 1. Not a huge issue since I don't plan on releasing it soon, but I would like to know how to fix it. I assume it has something to do with custom unlockables, which aren't covered in the wiki yet.

As for my second problem, when I clear save a record attack replay, trying to replay it crashes the game. For some reason, the game tries to load the map number "C1" for my replays in map QA, and map "C3" for those in QB...That may be a bug, but I'm not sure.

Code:
Unlockable 1
Name = Record Attack
Objective = Complete the first level!
Height = [vertical position on the secrets checklist]
ConditionSet = 1
NoCecho = true [only if you want to disable the on-screen message when it's unlocked, otherwise leave this parameter out]
NoChecklist = true [only if you don't want this appear on the secrets checklist, otherwise leave this parameter out]
Type = RecordAttack

ConditionSet 1
Condition1 = MapBeaten QA
This unlocks record attack once MAPQA is beaten. I hope to update that part of the wiki soon, see this topic for more information in the meantime.

Last edited:
As for my second problem, when I clear save a record attack replay, trying to replay it crashes the game. For some reason, the game tries to load the map number "C1" for my replays in map QA, and map "C3" for those in QB...That may be a bug, but I'm not sure.

This is a bug with the replay format. Unfortunately, fixing it will require changing the replay format (even by one byte!), which will invalidate everything.

Uh oh...

Anyway, you can get around it temporarily by using map numbers below 255.

犬夜叉;744796 said:
This is a bug with the replay format. Unfortunately, fixing it will require changing the replay format (even by one byte!), which will invalidate everything.

Uh oh...
Hey, so long as you don't make my gamedata invalid, I don't really give a crap.

The incredibly magical sense of making these threads is that when you post the answer, you help the same user amd SO much more users, like me xD, I had the same problem and thanks to this thread I fixed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back