A screenshot question

Status
Not open for further replies.
犬夜叉;675338 said:
Considering map picture lumps must be named in the format "MAPxxP", where xx designates the map number... that would be your problem.

Use MAPB1P, not MAPB1M. Problem solved.

I did notice something...
To actually scale it down, I need to use the stretch/skew option, but I don't know how to scale it down correctly. In the "stretch" part, there's stretching it horizontally and vertically(It can be stretched to both bigger and smaller sizes). The numbers start at 100 no matter what the pic's size is. If I reduce either of the numbers, it scales smaller. If I largen the number, the opposite occurs. When I open paint and change the largeness of the picture, it saves how large the frame is, even when starting a new file. (ex: I opened paint and drew crap[or in other words modern art], and went to the stretch/skew option. I typed 50 in the stretch horizontal box. It had 100, at first. I'm assuming it then reduced it horizontally by 50. I opened up paint again after closing it, and the picture was the same size it was when I reduced the size of the modern art crap.) So... yeah.

Heres how I did it. I went to edit and clicked on Select All. This selected the whole picture. After the picture was selected I resized it by going to the bottom right hand corner, grabbing the corner with my mouse and resizing it until the dimensions of the picture were 160x100. This would resize the picture but not the white paper it's on. So what you must do after that is resize the white part so that it is also 160x100. After that I went to save as and saved my picture as Srb2LevelPic (but you don't have to name it that). You would then make a new lump in your level and call it MAPxxP where xx is your map number and then import your levels' picture onto the lump. If you have any questions P.M me or just post it here.

Or.
You can get the entire picture (make sure it's in a different file though, the palette hates you here) and go to stretch and skew. The whole thing tells you how bg you want it in percent. It's default is 100% for both areas. My screen is 1280x800, so I'll go by there.
From 1280x800, go stretch skew and make it 25% of both its height and width. It should be 320x200 now. Now go back to stretch skew and make the height and width 50%. Now it's the right size.
If you want, give me your screen size and I'll be able to make a pic out of it. Then again, you could use GIMP or some other program like that which shows the amount of pixels in width and height rather than percent when resizing it, but oh well.

Depends on how you want to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back