Library wad Map: Absolute disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephyr

DTT
I'm having problems with a library map i'm creating. It's terrible in one word, with many flaws in it:

1. There's an area in a large room with a secret opening. The opening, is well...open and when you walk into the wall you go out the other end, into water, which introduces my next issue....
2. Basically the entire map has a border of water around the edge of it, which allows you to go down it in some areas. This Is something to do with the thok barrier, but I want to keep the ceilings of my map, not to mention the water renders everywhere but the sector that I wanted it to go to (sector 23)
3.And if that wasn't enough, I've had to seperate the higher platforms from the walls, otherwise the sector will disappear.

I apologize if I haven't searched the wiki properly, but I would appreciate any sort of help.

Oh, and you might want the WAD to see the problems.
Zip File - Mediafire.com

Thank You.

You're creating it now? For the current version of SRB2? Because it seems you're using the old linedef types from version 1.09...

EDIT: Anyway, even if it's a port, most of the things seem to be already correct for this version, it was actually just one linedef type for a custom FOF and the FOF flags that were outdated. So to fix that you just need to replace the linedef type 87 to 259 and in the upper texture of the back sidedef (the FOF flags), have the value 191 instead of C9.

For the thok barrier matter, all you need is to increase its width. As it is now, with 32 fracunits, it's not enough to prevent you from going through the wall, so make it 64 fracunits and you should do fine.

Last edited:
It seems to have worked fine, and the thok- barrier made the flayer fall in the water because sector 1 had a the height of sector 23 (the water pool), so that's covered, Thanks! I still can't actually get the water into the sector 23, though.

Last edited:
The water problem in sector 23 has to do with wrong tags. You have, for some reason, three water FOF linedefs in the same control sector, all with tag 0, plus that custom FOF which I'm not sure what you wanted to do with.

Leave only one water FOF linedef in said control sector and give it a tag of 1, which is the tag of that sector 23, and leave that custom FOF linedef if you want to apply it to the same sector as the water, if not, make a new control sector for it.

Also, there is yet another outdated linedef with type 16, which was assigned to colormap back in 1.09, so change it to type 606.

Thanks, You've solved yet another problem, but I've realised can still run/thok to the outside of the map when I go to the area where you get the air shield monitor (find sector 21 in the large room). I apologise for taking an awful lot of your time. This should be the last of my problems with the map.

Just merge that sector 22 with the large one adjacent to it. Scrap that, I'll give you an answer soon.

Okay, just one thing... your thok barrier really needs to have equal floor and ceiling height (otherwise it isn't even a thok barrier). Just take care of the missing textures that show up after that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back