Sonic Tank Blast -Demo 1-

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoatRack

Official Community CoatRack
Sonic Team Junior
Ok, after a few months of mapping, soccing, spriting and testing. Me and Blade now pressent to you.

srb20176.png

This is a mod that was started around when I released my old TankTest.wad. Me and my bro, Blade desided to to a Tank mod. It was only resently whe actualy started work on it. but we got quite abit done, here is what is new and or edited.

New stuff
  • 4 new enemies.
  • 3 new characters.
  • 3 new levels. (one is far from being done...)
  • 3 new weapons.
  • New music.>_>
  • 3 New thing items

Edited Stuff
  • GFZ 1 and 3.

Now then, screenshots.

One player
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Knockout/ScreenShots/srb20177.png
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Knockout/ScreenShots/srb20180.png
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Knockout/ScreenShots/srb20185.png

Muiltiplayer
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Knockout/ScreenShots/srb20188.png
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Knockout/ScreenShots/srb20196.png

...So yeah, now for credits.

• Level making: Blade, Knockout The Echidna
  • Soccing: Knockout The Echidna, Blade, Prime 2.0, SonicFreak94
  • Sprites: Knockout The Echidna, Blade, SonicFreak94
  • Music: Chaos Twilight, VGMusic, Sonic Team
  • Beta Testing: IC3, Kalaron, Sp47, SonicFreak94, Indy94, Chaos Knux, FoxBoy, Charile, MonoChrome, there might be some that I am missing, tell me if I am missing you and I will add you in.

Now then, downlaod link.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qy3wsi

I can honestly say here that I actually had fun playing this mod, and that's something you don't often hear from me, it was something fresh and new.

This mod has serious potential, some things I'd like to see in the future would be:
- More variation between the tanks, currently there isn't much between them, the Sherman and Missile tanks are pretty much the same and the Cap tank is very underpowered due to it's short range. Make use of the spindash button to give them different alternate powers, instead of a spindash how about one of them boosts forward (as in, not the direction they're going in, but the direction they're aiming in) and one of them lays landmines or something like that, you get the idea. But yeah, give their primary attacks some more variation and balance.
- Play with the monitors, you could certainly get some interesting monitor concepts going here.
- The orbital mines should, if possible, go away one by one when you hit their owner, otherwise they become extremely overpowered.

Other than that, you really have outdone yourself here and I hope to see more of this mod in the future.

- Cue
I just initiated the apocalypse.

Okay, that mod is awesome! Although, it's a bit slow. And at the Silver Ring accross the arc of rings, try and make that platform higher. I can reach it from the ground underneath the rings.

I love the detail of the levels. I would happily play this game again once it comes out. The second act is short, but , oh my god it's so detailed. Except for some areas which have redwalls, like behind the rock thing above the door. I don't think the range is short on the capgun though. I really like the boss as well, can do with a bit of editing though. The sprites I mean. This is really fun, is anyone going to organise a netgame?

Edit: I can't think of anything wrong except I'm used to going fast, and I think this is a bit slow.
So... around a 9/10 for me. THis is awesome! =D

Back hosting, Cue?

But the files you've hosted there are already incompatible with new "release".

(can't join server...)

This is really awesome. My only complaints are that more rings should be placed around the maps, since too often I'm short of them, and that there are hardly any differences between the Sherman and Missle tanks(especially in physical appearance). The Sherman tank is also really underpowered.
Other then that, awesome mod. I hope you do more then just retexture the existing levels (The unfinished level, it was awesome, seeing RedXVIs house destroyed.)

Knockout The Echidna said:
Sprites: Knockout The Echidna, Blade, SonicFreak94

That's actually incorrect, someone made some sprites for me, but I don't remember who D= (sorry whoever that was XD)

ok now..... WHY WONT IT WORK!!!!
-----------------
ok now it wants to work!
--------------------------------------
ok now its not beacuse for some reason its coming up with a different md5sum needed thing... (sadface)

roxas_the_hedgehog said:
ok now..... WHY WONT IT WORK!!!!
-----------------
ok now it wants to work!
--------------------------------------
ok now its not beacuse for some reason its coming up with a different md5sum needed thing... (sadface)
There are 2 version, Ko.T.E version and blade's bug fix version. Which one did you choose?

Actually, I updated the first post with Blade's one, if he downlaoded it from my post before I updated it then he would have the old one.

ok got knockouts and now noticing the other link... thanks
(it better work or im ganna start swearing at trees)

Maybe Cue has the old KO version. That might be why I can't join his dedicated server. Either that, or I have the old version.

EDIT: I just re-downloaded the mod and tried to get into Cue's server again... same thing, so Cue, you probably need to re-download this mod and try putting that on your server; there shouldn't be any problems after that.

I think it is slightly annoying when you can't kill a tank in one hit with a sling item. I killed my self by accident when I fired a ricocheing bullet at an opposing tank and ended up blowing my self up. It was funny though.

This mod has potential, but it simply doesn't show it. The game, despite the few SOCs an new characters, simply doesn't feel like a "tank" game. The sound effects are irritating, and Dust Hill's song simply doesn't sound good.

3/10

If you're wondering, I have some level select pics on the laptop. But I can't transfer them since I can't get on that laptop's internet and I can't be bothered to use my thumb drive.

Also, what's going to be the next level's theme. Terminal Station. XD

I was thinking of a mine or a forest for the next level.
Also, I am looking for a better song for Red Canyon, If you have any ideas, PM either me or Blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back