SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

[SRB2 Riders] D00D Kart 64 - Mario Kart Level Pack! Details »»
[SRB2 Riders] D00D Kart 64 - Mario Kart Level Pack!
Version: 2.2.2, by D00D64 (A "rather brash" indivisual) D00D64 is offline
Developer Last Online: Oct 2017

Version: SRB2Riders Rating: (12 votes - 4.42 average)
Released: 07-02-2011 Last Update: 07-22-2011 Installs: 14
Multiplayer Levels SOCs Scripts Sprites/Graphics

So, I was reading the forums when I realized something: I have way too many topics for submissions! Seriously, I had tons of them! Too many, infact, for them to be split apart and such, so here's a level pack with all of my pre-released stuff! However, in addition to them all being in a pack, some courses received adjustments and will continue to be updated within this pack! ...Least, this is what I said when I first made it. But now it has grown into a HUGE pack with tons of courses! Ports, new courses, and courses made by other members! There's tons of track to tear up, so get on it!

LAST UPDATE: NOVEMBER 15TH 2011
CURRENT VERSION: 2.2.2

NOTE: Picture updating in process!

Spoiler: Lots of images and such!

Ported Maps

Shell Cup
Luigi Circuit GBA
Ribbon Road (GBA)
Delfino Square (DS)
Ghost Valley 2 (SNES)

Banana Cup
Donut Plains 3 (SNES)
Mario Speedway (N64)
Riverside Park (GBA)
Shroom Ridge (DS)

Lightning Cup
Sky Garden (GBA)
Desert Hills (DS) [Thanks to Blade for this one!]
Retro Maze (Pac-Man World Rally)

Custom Maps

Lovely Cup (WIP)

A series of tracks set on the island of Lovely, where all four seasons run simultaneously in different places. How? Who cares?

Lovely Sunset (Coming Soon!)
Lovely Afternoon
Lovely Night
Lovely Day (Possibly also coming soon!)

Eagle Cup(WIP)

The hardest of the hard, the stages are just as aggressive as the most hardened of opponents!

Black Bliss (May be moved)
??? (Coming Somewhat less soon!)
Cloud Cradle K
Monochrome Road

Guest Cup

The next step in this Kart pack's dominance over SRB2 Riders, this pack is almost literally devowering other maps! Is there no end in sight?!

Darkvile Castle (Simsmagic)
Forgotten Ruins (Blade)
Blue Mountain (Chrome) [NOTE: This map replaces DK Cavern, and is not technically part of this cup]
Thunder Piston (ZarroTsu)

Battle

Block Fort (N64)
Peach's Castle (Battle version)

What's that? STILL not enough Kart action? Well, those Riders and Sonic R stages were gathering dust, so I converted some of them to Karts mode! They can be found starting from "MAPRA".

Oh yes, quite a bit of Kart Kontent there.

OKAY ENOUGH TALK TIME FOR SOME ACTION

MIRRORS

NOTE: Both music wads are required, as the music is split among them. HOPEFULLY, this will mean I only need to update one or the other if I really need to. M1 is for the ports, and M2 is for custom maps.

If you're going from 2.1.1 to 2.2, be sure to grab Music WAD 2! Both text files were updated as well.

Also, if you have both music wads, but enter a server, the music wads wont load themselves in, but just type "loadup" in the console, and the game will do the rest!

Levels WAD: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/k_DKart64_v2_2_2.zip
Music WAD 1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/k_DK64M1.zip
Music WAD 2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/k_DK64M2.zip
Cup Listing: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/k_DK64L.txt
Cheats: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/k_dk64c.txt
(type exec [filename] to use .txt files)

If you'd like to use Derpy for something, here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/DerpyCameo.wad
Thing number 2803

Download Now

File Type: zip k_DKart64_v2_2_2.zip (8.49 MB, 2467 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 12-27-2011   #202
SRB2PlayerFan
SRB2 2.1 Kart Hype!

D00D, I found two problems with Lovely Afternoon.
  • Add some borders. Why? Players will be more than likely to fall off bridges and that spiraling staircase at the tree. (While going up the staircase, some people that are drifting are more than likely to fall off.)
  • Add a gate at the way back to the start. Players may end up driving in front of the starting gate and must turn back to finish the lap.
Here are the problems with Black Bliss:
  • Stop using so many 90 degree turns. I had trouble when I was racing online with friends, and they complained about crashing into the wall.
  • Make an invisible sector for outside the fence. On the part where I get a Mushroom boost and fly to the next checkpoint, I sometimes get flown outside the fence and must die to get back in the fence.

Last edited by SRB2PlayerFan; 12-28-2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Here are more problems with D00D Kart.
Old 12-27-2011   #203
Charybdizs
Excelsior
Judge

That's a lot of problems.

EDIT: Wow, more! I might even have to re-evaluate my views on this pack.

Last edited by Charybdizs; 12-27-2011 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Because I learned D00Dkart has even more problems
Old 12-28-2011   #204
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB2PlayerFan View Post
D00D, I found two problems with Lovely Afternoon.
  • Add some borders. Why? Players will be more than likely to fall off bridges and that spiraling staircase at the tree. (While going up the staircase, some people that are drifting are more than likely to fall off.)
  • Add a gate at the way back to the start. Players may end up driving in front of the starting gate and must turn back to finish the lap.
1: It's easy enough to steer, and there are springs to get you back on track.
2: The path clearly shows how to get back to the beginning, I don't see how you can miss it.

Quote:
Here are the problems with Black Bliss:
  • Stop using so many 90 degree turns. I had trouble when I was racing online with friends, and they complained about crashing into the wall.
  • Make an invisible sector for outside the fence. On the part where I get a Mushroom boost and fly to the next checkpoint, I sometimes get flown outside the fence and must die to get back in the fence.
1: Not happening. This is Eagle Cup, of COURSE this is going to happen. It's part of the level's edge and how it works.
2: There are parts where you can bounce back over the fence easily, though I am still considering doing this after numerous complaints.

Quote:
Here are the problems with Monochrome Road:
This level has been cut ages ago. You are clearly using an old version, and thus, should re-evaluate again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdizs View Post
That's a lot of problems.

EDIT: Wow, more! I might even have to re-evaluate my views on this pack.
It does, and frankly, I don't even think I'll bother to finish them for quite some time; my constant peeves about SRB2 Riders, its lack of updating to fix a major bug discovered just hours after its normal release, limited possibilities, and the release of Mario Kart 7 pretty much killed off all interest I have towards this mod, so don't hold your breath on any fixes. Both this and SRB2 Riders are pretty damn broken.
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
Old 12-28-2011   #205
Charybdizs
Excelsior
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
It does, and frankly, I don't even think I'll bother to finish them for quite some time; my constant peeves about SRB2 Riders, its lack of updating to fix a major bug discovered just hours after its normal release, limited possibilities, and the release of Mario Kart 7 pretty much killed off all interest I have towards this mod, so don't hold your breath on any fixes. Both this and SRB2 Riders are pretty damn broken.
All true, but it's worth saying I was just being sarcastic. :p

Just curious, what bug were you talking about? The drifting one?
Old 12-28-2011   #206
SRB2PlayerFan
SRB2 2.1 Kart Hype!

I found two more problems.

Here are the problems with Cloud Cradle:
  • Use diagonal springs. Some people have trouble trying to get past that pillar because you want them to "jump at the right angle". That won't work that way.
  • Leave the pillar alone. There is nothing special about that pillar, so stop making "tweaks" to it as it serves no purpose.
  • Again, stop with the numerous amount of 90 degree turns. Why? Because after that pillar, you have to grip left and then left again on that narrow road.
  • Why are there springs on that curve after the narrow road right before the tunnel? While someone is trying to drift through that spring part, they may end up hitting a spring and respawning at the checkpoint at the narrow road.
It's a good thing you made Cloud Cradle K-E. The original was harder.

Here are the problems with Bleeding Green:
  • Make the starting sector more wide. Why? Players are more than likely to miss the starting point after they complete a lap.
  • Make the Star Post Activator sectors more wide. Since the grass is huge, players are more than likely to miss the checkpoint.
  • The acid section is annoying. Why? It's hard to drift through there and everytime I touch it. I die and have to respawn from the last checkpoint.
In my honest opinion, I really didn't see the point of turning a level made by you into a kart level. It's pointless if you ask me.
Old 12-28-2011   #207
Simsmagic
i 2 i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdizs View Post
Just curious, what bug were you talking about? The drifting one?
Likely the crashing whenever you die with an item behind you.
Old 12-28-2011   #208
D00D64

Quote:
I found two more problems.

Here are the problems with Cloud Cradle:
  • Use diagonal springs. Some people have trouble trying to get past that pillar because you want them to "jump at the right angle". That won't work that way.
  • Leave the pillar alone. There is nothing special about that pillar, so stop making "tweaks" to it as it serves no purpose.
  • Again, stop with the numerous amount of 90 degree turns. Why? Because after that pillar, you have to grip left and then left again on that narrow road.
  • Why are there springs on that curve after the narrow road right before the tunnel? While someone is trying to drift through that spring part, they may end up hitting a spring and respawning at the checkpoint at the narrow road.
It's a good thing you made Cloud Cradle K-E. The original was harder.
1: No, I made K-E for this very reason; so I don't have to diminish the original map.

2: I... don't think I've ever touched the pillar. Ever.

3: Hell no, that's what I love about it, and many other stages. I'm not changing it.

4: NO SHIT. That's the idea there.

Quote:
Here are the problems with Bleeding Green:
Bleeding Green is not meant to be taken seriously in the slightest. It is a joke map, and nothing more. I forgot to hide it from the level select.
Quote:
Old 12-28-2011   #209
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
1: No, I made K-E for this very reason; so I don't have to diminish the original map.
Haha, "diminish". That's a good one. The original is stupid with unfair and annoying hazards while the "easy" version is actually fun to play.
Old 12-28-2011   #210
Mr Chezz
Known as Blitz-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
The original is stupid with unfair and annoying hazards while the "easy" version is actually fun to play.
I have to agree, but only in terms of multiplayer gameplay ( Which of course, is the intention of all these levels.). I mean the latency that joiners may recieve can make an already difficult level one heck of a nightmare!

Actually, I rather enjoy playing the original Cloud Cradle K as opposed to the easy version, since it's one of the only levels that puts my skills to the test, though I'd usually feel this way, because I'm either playing it by myself, or I'm hosting a server(So latency wouldn't be an issue to me.).

I've yet to try joining a server with this level pack to get an idea of the difference in gameplay, but I get the feeling that the easy version will be more fun to play with others, due to latency probably not having too much of an effect as it would in the original.

Oh, that reminds me; In the original Cloud Cradle K, there's a little problem with the last checkpoint, where depending on what side you are on, will only activate one of the star posts. The problem being that if a player only activates the star post on the right, they'll remain on the same lap.

Strange, because hitting the left one alone however, works just fine.
Old 12-28-2011   #211
Chaotic Chao
horns Horns HORNS

I can't really tell the difference between Cloud Cradle K and K-E. maybe I should look harder.

Speaking of Cloud Cradle, sometimes the finish line fails to work entirely. I'm not sure if this happens in K, K-E, or both.
Old 05-15-2013   #212
AozoraJustin
AKA Superjustinbros

Sorry for the bump, and apologies if I sound strict when I say this, but there's one thing I need to bring up here before I tackle your maps that made it into vanilla SRB2kart.

Riverside Park? No, that's Lakeside Park.

Last edited by AozoraJustin; 05-15-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-17-2013   #213
D00D64

In Super Circuit, there's Riverside and Lakeside. Lakeside is the one with the volcano. Though I messed up and Riverside has Lakeside's music. I didn't bother changing it due to liking the latter more.
Quote:
Old 05-20-2013   #214
AozoraJustin
AKA Superjustinbros

Snap, my bad. I got both Parks confused. :[ Yep, that's Riverside park you have there, not Lakeside.
Old 06-22-2014   #215
Firework917
Wizard 1.0 is SRB3!

Are you going to update this to 2.1.8 and fix the broken links?
Old 06-22-2014   #216
Pixel-Voxel
i don't remember this

There are videos of this. It's not dead at all.

Here's proof of it.
Old 06-22-2014   #217
Larztard
Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firework917 View Post
Are you going to update this to 2.1.8 and fix the broken links?
Also these maps would be incompatible with vanilla SRB2 anyways.