SRB2Win.exe Deleted Itself While Connecting To Master Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic

Okay, let me keep this simple. this morning, I started up SRB2 to play multiplayer. Nothing wrong with that. When I tried connecting to the master server, SRB2 closed itself. I didn't think much of it. Soon after, I went out for the day. When I came home later, when I clicked my shortcut, it told me that the file for SRB2 got deleted. I went to the folder SRB2 was in, every important file was still intact, except the SRB2Win.exe file (The file I use to play SRB2), which was deleted. I was wondering what I should do to fix this. Can someone help? Thanks.

Last edited:
If you happen to be using "avast!" apparently it's latest update detected a false positive in SRB2 and will proceed to nuke the .exe from your PC, it will also keep the .exe hostage as long as "avast!" is running, your best option is to uninstall it asap if you want to play SRB2 again.

If you happen to be using "avast!" apparently it's latest update detected a false positive in SRB2 and will proceed to nuke the .exe from your PC, it will also keep the .exe hostage as long as "avast!" is running, your best option is to uninstall it asap if you want to play SRB2 again.
Uninstalling an antivirus is a bad idea. It will make your PC very weak and vulnerable to viruses. Besides, this isn't my PC so I can't really delete the antivirus. And how did you know that I use Avast?

And how did you know that I use Avast?

It isn't the first time that Avast has apparently deleted srb2win.exe for no apparent reason. I forget if it was reported on the MB or on IRC at #srb2fun, but I've certainly know others have had the problem before.

In any case this isn't a bug with SRB2, but a problem with Avast evidently, so I've moved this thread to the "Help" forum.

Uninstalling an antivirus is a bad idea. It will make your PC very weak and vulnerable to viruses. Besides, this isn't my PC so I can't really delete the antivirus. And how did you know that I use Avast?
Well, I've using my pc without antivirus since 2.5 years. The antivirus sucks. (the trick is just don't join in weird and stupidity webs that looks like has virus. Always I enter the same websites all the days.)

Well, I've using my pc without antivirus since 2.5 years. The antivirus sucks. (the trick is just don't join in weird and stupidity webs that looks like has virus. Always I enter the same websites all the days.)
This really does not help you if a website you visit, or the advertising service it uses is compromised. A malicious hacker does not have to own the website you're visiting to attack you and its other visitors if they can just pwn it instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back