OpenGL Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toonjoey

GAWRSH.exe
I've been having trouble with OpenGL, since it will show some kind of mirror of the game in the background. I don't really know how to EXPLAIN, so heres a picture.
pn7m8nmrp2babv49btrsk8alnclgkli21

I tried DirectDraw, and...
pn7m8nmrp2babv49btrsk8alnclgkli21

You can't see it, but the game displays at a lower quality than usual.

Could I get a little help on this?

Wow, i thought i was the only one having this error, any solution guys ?

Infos on my PC :
CPU : Intel Core i5
GPU : ATI Saphire HD7850
RAM : 8GBs

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Proof :
215447srb20005.png

In game, it's worse (through transparent walls, liquids ... etc) .

If I recall correctly, this is a problem with the SDL exe at resolutions lower than your monitors native resolution with some graphics cards. This is just what I remember though, I wouldn't take my word for it.

Two separate issues.

If the game is running at a resolution higher than your screen resolution, that warping effect around the edges happens.

The other one, the odd "mirroring", "ghosting", or whatever you want to refer to it as, is due to the SDL2 version of the game using the wrong settings for the screen buffer. Basically the screen buffer has an alpha channel when it shouldn't, so any transparency that's in the final image makes the screen itself partially transparent, letting you see what's behind it. Usually that's the working buffer the game uses before scaling things to the proper size.

The second problem I mentioned is now fixed. The first I haven't looked into, and I'm not sure if it's worth it to, because it only happens if you try to run at a resolution higher than you're currently using in the first place.

you are using a resolution that is too big, or it's a problem with the graphic card (probably the first one)

The graphics card is a GDDR5 Gaming card so it's not the reason, i'm not using the SDL2 Version either .

Also if i select the appropriate Screen resolution (which is 1366x768) i won't be able to take screenshots , I Get this issue :o there's no Escape .

Zandronum developers dealt with this error by simply disallowing the resolution 1366x768 .

693467srb20000.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back