My Computer Refuses To Let Me Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbop800

BboP
Back when I used Windows XP on my old computer, I had trouble hosting. But then I figured out how to forward ports, which solved the problem completely, and I continued to host netgames for a long while.

But then I got a new PC, along with Windows 7 and a wired connection instead of wireless. I forwarded my ports, added SRB2 as an exception in firewall (heck, I disabled firewall), made sure I was hosting on the internet, and I even did this very specific procedure Sky posted a while back: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=34036#5

None of these procedures worked. At all. I tried asking some people in the IRC, and it never worked, along with some people in netgames, didn't work either, I even Googled older issues regarding hosting. So now the only thing I can rely on now is the message bored, which I wanted to save for last in case I just make another pointless topic.

If someone has any other solutions to this, please feel free to share it with me.

tl;dr - I can't host. I forwarded port 5029, disabled firewall, followed Sky's steps for windows 7, Googled for answers, and nothing worked. Please help.

EDIT: Okay, apparently after checking with the port checker, my ports are NOT forwarded. This is still unusual, since I did the same exact directions I did on my old Windows XP, which actually used to work. Ever since I got this damn computer, my ports never get forwarded no matter what I do. The ports I added ARE 5029 to 5029, the protocol is BOTH, and the IP Address is the exact one I got when typing "ipconfig" in cmd.exe. Firewall is off, auto protect on Norton is off, etc etc etc. I REALLY need help with this.

Last edited:
Well, I'm just glad I'm not the only one. :s

Super Edit: Well, I finally got my ports forwarded, but I didn't really "solve" the problem...

You see, none of the computers at my house couldn't connect, so my Dad just switched to a different router. I tried forwarding my ports there and... well... IT WORKED. I have no idea how, but it just did. There must've been something wrong with the other router or something. So yeah, I guess this topic turned out somewhat pointless after all. >_<

Last edited:
I have the same problem, but I still have the same computer. (Windows XP)

At one point I could host, but then we had a storm at our house and my router reseted. Then I did the exact same thing that I did last time but the port checker says my port is not opened. I have went on portforward.org and googled many similar topics, but nothing helped me. :(

I never had a problem with hosting because I use a modem. Maybe just temporarily use your modem for hosting and switch back to your router when your done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back