Best way to speed up in Nights stages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no trouble beating the stages for the emeralds, and I know the Nights scoring system, but I´ve found myself stuck on 2nd stage trying to get the Time emblem. I´m starting to think I´m doing something wrong.

How am I supposed to speed up? Should I press dash everytime? Should I tap it? Is there any part where I shouldn´t press it?

Thanks in advance :)

Just hold the drill. Also, when you use one of the propellors (i forget what they are called) they give you a speed boost larger than that of the max speed of the boost. Hold boost with that and you won't lose it.

Just hold the drill. Also, when you use one of the propellors (i forget what they are called) they give you a speed boost larger than that of the max speed of the boost. Hold boost with that and you won't lose it.

I think what you are referring to are bumpers.

That aside, a really helpful thing in a nights stage is the paraloop. It allows you to easily collect spheres and therefore get to the egg capsule (or whatever the thing that gives you the emerald is called) with a low time.

Also, using drill a bit before going straight up/down allows you to easyly going this direction without loosing speed.

Holding boost isn't the best way since if you bounce on a wall/ground you will lose all your speed and become uncontrolable.

Thanks for the tips! Finally done it!

Do links affect max velocity too? I ask it because it seems I get faster times if I get more links doing loops than ignoring them.

Thanks for the tips! Finally done it!

Do links affect max velocity too? I ask it because it seems I get faster times if I get more links doing loops than ignoring them.

Link doesn't change anything apart the score tough, the object placed here are the optimal paths, that's why you seems to go faster by following this path than doing anything anywhere. Avoid the loops also helps you to go faster when you have to speed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back