Suggestions

Alternatively, use the + character in front of a console command in your batch file or launcher, so you can do "srb2win.exe +devmode 1"!

I was mainly looking for a way to start it up from ZB so this works fine, thanks.

Can you please make it so the player rolls when they walk off a ledge and land while spin is pressed? I'm not sure if it's a bug or not considering this has pretty much always been a thing, but it seems a bit jarring considering that if you're already rolling and you land while spin is pressed, the player continues rolling like they should.

I actually made a really simple fix for it just before I posted that too, it shouldn't be that hard to impliment into vanilla...

I dislike the way Music restarts after getting an extra-life, Can you change that for next release ?

I dislike the way Music restarts after getting an extra-life, Can you change that for next release ?
Technically, you can actually change that for the current release. You just have to set "Use1UpSound" to true in the MainCfg.

That will play a sound (sfx_oneup) rather than changing the background music (to mus_xtlife), which means the previous background music can continue playing... but it also means the previous background music will continue playing while the 1-up sound plays, rather than muting and fading back in or something. Not to mention it counts as "modifying the game", so you can't save/unlock stuff.

I know of a way that could theoretically mute the music and fade it back in without resetting it, but I'm too busy playing games to figure out how to do that, and then also do that, but I have suggested it along with sort of how it'd work before in this thread.

Basically, the music volume can be altered without having to reset music, so by setting the volume to 0, playing a 1-up sound (like "Use1UpSound" does at the moment), then once the sound finishes gradually rising the volume to the value set by the player... You get the idea.

Here's my suggestion: Why not make a setting in S_SKIN to change the size of the shields for the character you're currently playing as?

A type of save for the servers(when you get kick by synch or connection timeout) and when you press tab (in co-op mode) shows the players rings too.

I figure I'll post these suggestions here.

First off, having floor portals would be a really nice addition. They don't need to have slope support, or be able to be connected to wall portals, but both of those would be nice. Imagine running down a hallway, and suddenly, the gravity shifts out from beneath your feet, and you go falling to the bottom of the rest of it. Heck, if you could cause this to scale your character if you end up falling through one that leads to a smaller one, you could probably pull off some... interesting effects.

Second, through far more unlikely to be done, would be having GIF's store the state of the map, before saving demo information along with it at the end of the file, as that sort of thing might be useful in reproducing glitches. Actually, being able to just save the state of a map and export it to a file to be loaded by another person could cover this too.

Lastly, and this one might be far easier to pull off: being able to modify sprites displayed to singular players, so that, if there was a spy character for example, people on their team would see them as normal, while the other team would see them disguised. This can also be used for other effects, such as displaying a different sprite when it is viewed at a steep angle... though, if that were to exist, it would probably just result in more idiots suggesting loops.

Also sprite and patch rotation, since that would be really useful for nights stages, as an example, or even say, an analog clock in a stage somewhere.

Edit: Just gonna add this new bit here, since it would be better than me double posting...

Recently, in the process of making my map, I ran into some uncomfortable issues in my mapping, and came up with two linedef effects that would allow for fixing these issues, mainly involving curved surfaces. Ahem.

*A Linedef effect to stretch the flat of a floor and/or ceiling in a tagged sector by the distance between its vertices, making the flat repeat after reaching that point. a distance of 0 on either the X or Y axis resulting in a normal stretch on that axis.

*A linedef effect to stretch the horizontal and/or vertical length of a texture on a tagged linedef, using a similar method as the previous effect.

These two effects would prove invaluable, as in case of the first one, this can be used to align the bricks of a flat with that of its neighboring wall, which is especially useful in regards to slopes, which when using them in the shape of a curve, heavily deforms the texture when the slope gets to its steepest point. Where as the second effect is useful in the situation of aligning textures, incase you have a slanted brick wall, and want to keep alignment with the bricks on the floor, either with the flat walls on either side of it, or the slanted wall itself. (such as with 45 degree angles.)

I have no idea if you could adjust the scale of connected linedefs if they were all tagged the same way, but if that could be implemented, it would make things a great deal easier, especially in regards to curved walls.

Last edited:
Ok. Here's something I've been thinking of wanting in the game for a long time

Skidding frames, and other extra animations.

I honestly don't get why skidding animations aren't a thing in this game yet. You can skid, but it just shows a walking frame when doing so. It looks unnatural. So, skidding should definitely be added in the game. Other animations that should be added to me should be a secondary falling animation when your moving while falling down. There should also be pushing animations as well as objects that can be pushed. Maybe I'd like a second teetering animation as well, but those are the main ones I'd like to see.

I'll note that the reason we don't have skidding and pushing animations - aside from the amount of spritework required to make them exist - is because you can move in directions you're not facing (thanks to the strafe keys). This means your skid would look weird if it was anything like the skid pose in the classics, and you'd be holding your hands out in front of you whilst bumping up against an object to your side. (We already have objects that can be pushed, by the way - they're called Gargoyles, and you can find them in Deep Sea Zone.)

The other ones you've mentioned just kind of sound redundant, honestly, but you could add them yourself with Lua in current and future versions.

If speed up by any horizontal type of speed booster (Sector based, Horizontal Spring, CPZ style speed booster) the player should have a longer cool down for slowing back down to the max speed. If the player has let go of the controls, the cool down should be at least 1.5 times as long compared to if they haven't.

Possible cool down to max I can think of:
With controls in use: 1-2 seconds
Controls let go: 1.5-3 seconds

I'll note that the reason we don't have skidding and pushing animations - aside from the amount of spritework required to make them exist - is because you can move in directions you're not facing (thanks to the strafe keys).

Mystic has previously mentioned that he's testing having Sonic's sprite always face the way you strafe (presumably you would never see the "backing up" animation either). If that's added to the game, revising the skid sprites may be worthwhile.

Can we have a speedcap like sonic 2 and 3? If you don't get what I'm saying, I'm talking about what happens in a sonic game when you run down a slope, you get faster. Not continue to run on it normally. I know you can do this speed trick with the spindash, but what about running?

Could there be a Sonic Adventure Perfect Chaos battle?

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

And maybe each character could have there own story like in Sonic Adventure and Sonic And Knuckles.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back