SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2006   #241
Draykon
Part-Time Magical Girl
 
Draykon's Avatar
Default

Question 1: Been answered 200 times, you don't.

Question 2: Recreating the scripted SA City from the 1.08 era.
Draykon is offline  
Old 12-04-2006   #242
Daniel The Falcon
 
Daniel The Falcon's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlap
EDIT: What screen resolution did you take that in anyway? It looks very wide.
800 by 600. I have a wide monitor.
__________________
asdf > jkl;
Daniel The Falcon is offline  
Old 12-04-2006   #243
Narutopie
Default

Umm... You know the music of when you go super?
Does someone have a link to it?
Becuase i wanna listen to it while playing other games.
__________________
<Taylor> switch to normal co-op
<Hypes> STFU
<Taylor> make me
<Hypes> lol
<Taylor> i thought so
<Taylor> dumass
<Hypes> Are you perhaps retarded?
Narutopie is offline  
Old 12-04-2006   #244
Kroze
 
Kroze's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutopie
Umm... You know the music of when you go super?
Does someone have a link to it?
Becuase i wanna listen to it while playing other games.
The songs name is Supersonic by Bad Religion, one of the best punk bands that is still around.
__________________
<Sep> hey mystic do you get a lot fo advertising robots signing up on the srb2 forums?
<Kroze> We call them "FuriousFox" Sep
<Mystic> I just had this awesome mental image of FuriousFox pawning off free porn and penis enlargement
Kroze is offline  
Old 12-05-2006   #245
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draykon
Question 1: Been answered 200 times,
I wouldn't be surprised if that was literally true. Can we like, make a FAQ section on the SRB2JTE wiki page and shove it into the first post of this topic so people will stop asking? =P
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline  
Old 12-05-2006   #246
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready
 
glaber's Avatar
Default

We can make it but they won't stop asking.
glaber is offline  
Old 12-05-2006   #247
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

...Something tells me there's a fad called "all joiners are noobs" going on. :|

People ask because they don't know. Out of innocent lack of knowledge, they don't know STARS has an SRB2JTE page on it that'll help them out. Not only that, the wiki hasn't been updated with the information. The only reason they keep asking is because unless they go through this whole thread, there's no way of knowing the answer without simply asking. I'll be damned if a large majority of the population on this board sees a link right under the download saying "Read this if you have questions" in the first post of the topic and starts thinking, "Hmm, maybe this answers my question? NAW D:"

If they've got a clearly visible source of information, the questions are going to decrease by at least sixty percent. Not putting it in anywhere noticeable is basically expecting everyone to look for a frequently asked question for an hour or two. Either that, or they're saying, "Screw it, there's no hope. :( " Not all of the new joiners are brainless zombies, you know. :?

...Meh, maybe I'm just overreacting though. It just seems like everyone thinks there's no way to decrease ignorance around here. But anyway, I'll go update the wiki.


EDIT: Done.
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline  
Old 12-06-2006   #248
supersonic45
not a loli i swear
 
supersonic45's Avatar
Default

Me and my frined like to play Two Player Games a lot. Sometimes we play JTE because we like SA-City. But there should be a command that makes the bots follow him (Second player). Sometimes he hurts me when I tell him I didn't ask it. But now I am. I tried ADDBOT2 (skin), but that won't work.
__________________
\_(ツ)_/
supersonic45 is offline  
Old 12-07-2006   #249
Chrispy
 
Chrispy's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Warrior
...Something tells me there's a fad called "all joiners are noobs" going on. :|

People ask because they don't know. Out of innocent lack of knowledge, they don't know STARS has an SRB2JTE page on it that'll help them out. Not only that, the wiki hasn't been updated with the information. The only reason they keep asking is because unless they go through this whole thread, there's no way of knowing the answer without simply asking. I'll be damned if a large majority of the population on this board sees a link right under the download saying "Read this if you have questions" in the first post of the topic and starts thinking, "Hmm, maybe this answers my question? NAW D:"

If they've got a clearly visible source of information, the questions are going to decrease by at least sixty percent. Not putting it in anywhere noticeable is basically expecting everyone to look for a frequently asked question for an hour or two. Either that, or they're saying, "Screw it, there's no hope. :( " Not all of the new joiners are brainless zombies, you know. :?

...Meh, maybe I'm just overreacting though. It just seems like everyone thinks there's no way to decrease ignorance around here. But anyway, I'll go update the wiki.


EDIT: Done.
You should add how to play in openGL mode in there. (You know they'll ask it.)
Chrispy is offline  
Old 12-07-2006   #250
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

That's a question regarding SRB2 in general, not just SRB2JTE. However, if people DO constantly ask that question in this thread, then yes, that would be a good idea. Otherwise, I don't really find it needed at the moment.
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline  
Old 12-07-2006   #251
GamingWolf
Video Game Vigilante
Default

I am so glad this topic is leading to people giving up their elitist ways.
__________________
<Insert Signature Here>
GamingWolf is offline  
Old 12-07-2006   #252
Rob
Administrator
 
Rob's Avatar
Default

If by "elitist" you mean some level f superiority, then I can agree, SOMEWHAT. Some people have earned that superiority.

If by "elitist" you mean dislike of stupid questions, then I disagree. A lot of those questions in the FAQ have obvious answers, and basic knowledge is all that would be required to understand them, and dislike of those stupid questions is bound to follow.

Also, it's best NOT to throw around smug statements like that while you're still new.
Rob is offline  
Old 12-08-2006   #253
GamingWolf
Video Game Vigilante
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Warrior
Also, it's best NOT to throw around smug statements like that while you're still new.
My point exactly.
__________________
<Insert Signature Here>
GamingWolf is offline  
Old 12-08-2006   #254
Rob
Administrator
 
Rob's Avatar
Default

Umm, you never made a point.
Rob is offline  
Old 12-17-2006   #255
HSEW
 
HSEW's Avatar
Default

SRB2 JTE will not exit out of christmas mode, and I cannot do 2player games with it because 1P's screen is always black. :(
__________________
Pet teh Hsew Gerbil!!!
Did I just make a seriously ignorant post? XP
I LOVE CTF, and I'd prefer if you all went red *shot*
HSEW is offline  
Old 12-17-2006   #256
Chaos
 
Chaos's Avatar
Default

To exit x-mas mode, I type -holiday 3 in the command line.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerChaos
Windows is better. I mean, applications you can run? How awesome!
And I mean to run without downloading hacks. :V
Chaos is offline  
Old 12-17-2006   #257
sonicfreak94
 
sonicfreak94's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSEW
SRB2 JTE will not exit out of christmas mode, and I cannot do 2player games with it because 1P's screen is always black. :(
Same thing happened to me. And it still doesn't work.
sonicfreak94 is offline  
Old 12-19-2006   #258
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSEW
SRB2 JTE will not exit out of christmas mode, and I cannot do 2player games with it because 1P's screen is always black. :(
To disable Christmas mode, you must put in the launcher's command line "holiday 1" or "noholiday." I can't answer your second question.

Speaking of command lines, I've added information on these variables to the wiki, if anyone needs it.
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline  
Old 12-23-2006   #259
Daniel The Falcon
 
Daniel The Falcon's Avatar
Default

I want a JTE doll from the SA City shop for Xmas!
__________________
asdf > jkl;
Daniel The Falcon is offline  
Old 12-25-2006   #260
Chaos
 
Chaos's Avatar
Default

Sometimes when I do 1P mode it says this:

Can't join server.
Reason
Maxplayers (0)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerChaos
Windows is better. I mean, applications you can run? How awesome!
And I mean to run without downloading hacks. :V
Chaos is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
soc frame editing utility [MultiFrame.exe] Morph Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 9 02-18-2009 09:45 PM
Need help with finding conversion software! Chaoman General Discussion 6 09-30-2007 04:11 PM
Where is the srb2JTE conversion utility? Super Sonic Editing 1 11-24-2006 10:39 PM
Image conversion a441 General Discussion 5 11-22-2004 10:05 PM
A Sonic 1,2 or 3 Conversion For Srb2 ? Tails_X Editing 35 04-02-2004 10:17 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.