Modern Warfare 2 suckage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arf

I know most of you aren't probably into shooters, or even care about them.
I played CoD4 and I thought it was pretty good. FINE, even (I haven't played any shooter from the 2005-09 era, so CoD4 was amazing).

Now, even if you don't care about shooters, this is comedy gold.
The PC version of this game has stirred controversy due to removing the ability to host dedicated servers.
Think that sucks?
After a developer interview, the guys at Infinity Ward revealed such amazing features as:

• there is no console command menu to tweak settings;
  • confirmation that there will be no modding;
  • confirmation that there will be no dedicated servers whatsoever;
  • the ability to lean has been removed;
  • there is no function to record matches;
  • the largest matches will be limited to 9 v 9 players;
  • IW.net will determine who should be the host player.
But the best part of it all comes from this great succession of words:
Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Know what's even sadder? Even if it's defective by design (probably to milk more money for sequels for adding these features back in as 'new'), it's still going to be the biggest game of the year, as stated by fanboys.

Yeah I know, mega super brand name facepalm here.

I wouldn't call Mouse look, text chat and graphics settings "custom stuff" in the slightest, more like "required stuff" for any online FPS on the PC.

Personally I consider dedicated servers also required for PC games that I'd consider paying for, so I'm clearly not playing this one.

The simple solution here is to simply not buy it and make the statement clear.

I never was fond of the PC version of CoD4 anyways, I'll be buying the 360 version.

But honestly, removal of this is absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:
Way to ruin a game Infinity Ward. I'll be pirating this one.

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings
text chat in game, and graphics settings
Ok, WHAT? Text chat and Graphics settings being PC exclusive?
If I recall, Games such as AC:WW *Animal Crossing Wild World* had Text Chat.
And I guess you could count certain N64 Games having optional Higher-Quality Graphics with the expansion pack as Graphics Settings.

Wow, Infinity Ward, Just wow.

And I guess you could count certain N64 Games having optional Higher-Quality Graphics with the expansion pack as Graphics Settings.
Actually, some PS and N64 games had graphics settings that did NOTHING for the performance and only made the game look worse. The N64 version of HeXeN comes to mind. You can also turn off trails (graphics blurring) in GTA III if they hurt your eyes too much.

Last edited:
The hell?

I'd rather see consoles die in a fire.

As for more MW2 suckage... the Tactical Nuke. 25 kill spree gets you it.

...I don't care how many kills one person gets. You. Do. NOT. Give. Them. A. ****ing. Insta-win. Button.

This is why PC games should stop and people should get Xboxs and PS3s

That's the most retarded thing you could possibly have said. Seriously. Just because one company made a stupid decision, it doesn't mean that PC games universally suck and that X-Box and PS3 games are superior (I also find it incredibly stupid that you left the Wii out of this list, but that's a whole different tangent altogether). Instant example, TF2 is played mostly by people on a PC as opposed to a 360 or a PS3. So I guess all the TF2 PC players who are making up quite a bit of the market should just stop playing PC TF2 and start playing PS3 or 360 TF2? Seriously, think a little bit before you post something like that.

Wow rob that was only an opinion. Such harsh words coming from you.
What I believe in is that leave the game as they are instead of adding console things and mods and all that stuff.
Now it would be real immature to call you stupid for going against my opinion, but it is an opinion. Try not to cal a person "retarted" because they didn't type what you wanted to see.

I think the funnier thing is that people are boycotting the PC version thinking that it'll keep the game from selling like ****ing Thriller.

Yeah, I find it hilarious how the people who complain about the server situation are frequently people who say they're buying it anyways. They're not going to get the message if there isn't a significant drop in sales.

Its so........................lolzy!I never laught so hard in 2years,really hilarious!
Seriously,its only a stupid port of a good game(there lots of them......sadly),and i also think this "A-M-A-Z-I-N-G"port is a way to gain more money and make MW players buy XboXS and PS3s.
My opinion?Dont buy this game,and hope they understand why.

Wow rob that was only an opinion.

Maybe so, but the fact that you still went out and said that PC gaming should be non-existent just because of ONE bad release is rather asinine. You should at least have had a reason behind instead of "It's my opinion, so just shut up and accept it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back