SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009   #1
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

Default Should Super Forms be in Single Player/Coop?

I have noticed that super forms are not available in coop anymore, and heard that it's because of SMS making his WAD overpowered, post your opinion in this topic and discuss if Super Forms should return in Coop

in my opinion it should return

EDIT: Don't say you want Super Tails and Super Knuckles!

Last edited by MotorRoach; 09-08-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-08-2009   #2
Chaos Zero 64

I think they should return. We've already nerfed the character attributes, anyway. And collecting the Emeralds is now completely pointless, unless playing as Sonic. What's your reward for beating the 7th Special Stage? A note telling you that you've got them all? Then why bother.
Your and You're. Learn the difference.
Old 09-08-2009   #3
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy

See, the difference between Super Sonic and overpowered super forms is that you have to WORK to become Super Sonic. If you've gone out of your way to collect all the emeralds, you deserve the ultimate power. If you just add SMS to your server, you don't deserve it. Simple as that. Super forms should be possible in coop.
Old 09-08-2009   #4
LightspeedX
aka PrismaticAngel

I think they should return too because, that will make the Emeralds even more useful. I also should think that Super Tails and Knuckles should be in SP because them being just in MP is really stupid.
<toaster> i love you lightspeed
Old 09-08-2009   #5
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightspeedX View Post
I also should think that Super Tails and Knuckles should be in SP because them being just in MP is really stupid.
Don't worry, I'm sure they will add Super Tails and Super Knuckles

Seriously, Tails can't turn Super without the Super Emeralds, and also I guess there is no need for that
Old 09-08-2009   #6
Torgo
Developer

Not really a serious debate here. Moved to SRB2 discussion.
Old 09-08-2009   #7
Miyosaki
Back from the dead

Maybe in that SRB2&K mod there will be super emeralds, but thats what im just saying i bet they wouldn't do anything unnecessary
Old 09-08-2009   #8
Kaysakado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zero 64 View Post
I think they should return. We've already nerfed the character attributes, anyway. And collecting the Emeralds is now completely pointless, unless playing as Sonic. What's your reward for beating the 7th Special Stage? A note telling you that you've got them all? Then why bother.
Well, you get to laugh at Sonic when he asks if you got all those chaos emeralds.

Wait, you can't even do that. D:
Old 09-08-2009   #9
MilesTraysandor

I think the super forms of Tails and Knuckles should be added to the game as well, for those people who beat the game with all of the Emeralds (or perhaps have it as an option if you collect all of the Emblems), it's a nifty little way to add a little bit of replay value to the content. I don't care for using add-on wads, either. If I want to use it, I'd rather unlock it the right way.
Old 09-08-2009   #10
Eblo

In single player, yes. In coop, there should be a variable to determine whether or not it is allowed.
Old 09-08-2009   #11
tailsmastermind
Does time attack too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesTraysandor View Post
I think the super forms of Tails and Knuckles should be added to the game as well.
I'm just gonna say no to this. There really is no replay ability added with Tails and Knuckles since they one get faster, run on water, invincibility, and Tails has that super jump thing. None of which I actually find worthy of "replay ability" at all.

Back to the discussion at hand, I don't really care to much for having super forms back in. Most of them weren't very clever as they all seemed to do exactly the same thing of making your character run faster and run on water. I find super forms to be more of a problem than anything. Especially in the servers where they give out setrings like no tomorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1k4v...eature=related
ERZ2 in 3:47.74.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXgMLsptYc
Who says race is a thokfest?
Old 09-08-2009   #12
supersonic45
not a loli i swear

Coop should have super forms. After all, most coop servers don't get all emeralds without a idiot ruining the last few stages(SS6, anyone?) and use addrings(Which shouldn't even be on online play).

OOOOH YOU DAMN NINJA
Old 09-08-2009   #13
Kaysakado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsmastermind View Post
I'm just gonna say no to this. There really is no replay ability added with Tails and Knuckles since they one get faster, run on water, invincibility, and Tails has that super jump thing. None of which I actually find worthy of "replay ability" at all.
Knuckles also gets Multiglide.

Which is ****ing yes and adds to replayability a lot.
Old 09-09-2009   #14
BlueZero4

It should be an option in pandora's box
Old 09-09-2009   #15
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

If there is so much support for this, and STjr Still refuses, Make an EXE mod.
(Supports Super Knuckles in Single player, uses all playable genesis appearances as backup.)

Ohh wait, I said I'd drop this arguement, never mind. ;D
Old 09-09-2009   #16
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

I was talking about Super Forms in Coop for any other characters, like SonicCE, not Tails and Knuckles
Old 09-09-2009   #17
LightspeedX
aka PrismaticAngel

Multiplayer only super forms aren't a good idea as it tends to make people want to use them in SP/Coop too, and because they can't, it may make them mad. SonicCE even has seperate super form sprites, but can't use them due to the fact that SP super forms are removed.
<toaster> i love you lightspeed

Last edited by LightspeedX; 09-09-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2009   #18
Kopper
Does not use Sonic.

I stand by my opinion that it should be a level mod option, but not normally allowed.
Old 09-13-2009   #19
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual
Judge

Honestly, I do NOT want Super forms for all characters in SP/Coop

Let's be honest; Sonic is the hardest character to use. Tails and Knux have it easy, and the special Stages are a PRIME example of this. So why not give the hardest character to use a good reward? Super sonic isn't even better than Tails and Knux; they still have flight/gliding, and they can use their abilities WITHOUT DRAINING RINGS, and while SS is invincible, the Glide doesn't help muchsometimes due to lack of a vertical height increase, and the need to keep your momentum up, while Knux and Tails can STILL skip gigantic chunks of level with no effort. Sonic just NEEDS Super Sonic to give people a reason to use him in SP/Coop, and make him more special and somewhat as capable as Tails and Knux. Tails and Knux have their level spoiling abilities; let someone who MUST know how to use Sonic well enough to beat SS7 have their unique power.
Old 09-13-2009   #20
MetalGear

Absolutely they should be in coop. It would make people more motivated to get the emeralds. Some people cant handle or just don't like to play as sonic. But they would like to be super when they get all emeralds. Should it REALLY matter if tails or knuckles need super emeralds or not? Besides, its more fun and diversity for everyone.

As a sonic user, its great being super and all but tails and knuckles need super too, its only fair for tails/knuckles users right?
Closed Thread