What are some good PSP games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Just got a PSP from someone who didn't want it anymore...what games are worth playing? I'm already looking into Megaman Powered Up, Maverick Hunter X, Lumines and Dracula X Chronicles. What else is there?

TrueTenguMan said:
If your into RTS games....Disagea for the PSP
You know I was just going to say that, umm then Prinny, from the same people who made Disgaea, only its a platformer.

Both Megaman games are good, Monster Hunter is also good, Crisis Core, Castlevania, Rockband, Sega Megadrive Collection, Prinny, the Sonic Rivals Games are repetitive, but can be good. and a lot of people like patapon, but I don't care for it.

lol get a shitty jrpg

Anyway, I highly suggest GripShift. Customization out the ass with that game. I can spend hours just working on a map and playing it. Rock Band Unplugged is good, too.

Supersonic2p3 said:
TrueTenguMan said:
If your into RTS games....Disagea for the PSP
You know I was just going to say that, umm then Prinny, from the same people who made Disgaea, only its a platformer.

Wow, i've never heared of prinny. Is it really that good?

Another good one is Mega man: powered up

Gitaroo Man. It's my favorite music game on the PSP. It's also my favorite music game on the PS2, but I don't own one.

Also, LocoRoco.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely look into what you guys have suggested.

Now what about homebrew? Anyone familiar with any good PSP homebrew games?

I'm currently looking at the Cave Story port, PSP Revolution, Super Mario War and a few emulators. Anything else?

There's a crapload of nice titles being released for PSP.
Soul Calibur
Assassin's Creed
Rock Band Unplugged
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

There's many more, those were just at the top of my head.

I don't think I fit the kind of appeal the PSP targets, so I've never found many games I care for myself... however someone brought up Sonic Rivals, and I've played the second one. I would like to note that you aren't going to get much out of the game if none of your friends have the game, because singleplayer gets tedious after a while especially because (aside from that stupidly overpowered ESP move and the stupidly underpowered tails flight) there is no difference between characters and the dialogue is seldom worth playing for.

The fact that it does not have infrastructure makes it even more problematic, because it seems to me like it would be a terrific game to play with a friend, but unless your friend has a PSP, you can't play the battle stages, and unless your friend has their own copy of the game you can't play races.

I can heartily recommend Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters as quite a decent hack-n-slash/platformer hybrid, but I think I've heard that it is also on the PS3. I've heard some great things about Daxter, but haven't tried it... I can also say that I've not had a very good experience with FPS games due to the small camera. Battlefront is only good for singleplayer (imo) because its lock-on system is abused to no end in multiplayer, making it almost harder to get into than Prime: Hunters (and definitely feels more cheap).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back