What electronics have broken down on you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
StarWars Battleship. The 3 button on the Rebel side kept registering as "2". It was actually broken straight out of the box, new.

A PC CD-ROM drive.

A GameCube.

The computer I was using in BYU. It was already broken the entire time I was there. But after about 2-3 years of being faulty, it eventually ceased working altogether.

A Nintendo 64 controller. My dad cut the cable and soldered a telephone wire into it, and that fixed it. Added bonus for making the cable conveniently longer.

A third party Nintendo 64 controller. Z button broke.

Two of my brother's Nintendo DS's due to consumer neglect. The third one is also experiencing issues that could be a result of consumer neglect.

My Game Boy Color. The speaker stopped working, but you can still hear sound through headphones.

My little sister's and little brother's Game Boy Advance SP. Mine, however, never experienced an issue. =D

A telephone.

Countless numbers of headphones.

75 headphone sets in various forms of destruction.

2 Gamecubes; Oddly enough, I got them fixed by putting the working parts of both together, and chucking the GCN made of shit parts.

Overusage damage to D-pad Up and B on GBA

My DSPhat's hinge was snapped 40% off. It still functions perfectly, but I can move it around too much.

My DSLite's R button won't make contact properly and fails to function at all.

My Genesis has no sound unless my TV is turned up to 200% volume.

My Computer M key missing, although I'm still able to type with it.

My Computer freezes in random intervals without a Winamp, or other Media Player process running in the backround.

DS Phat, R button is faulty. Sometimes is registered in whichever game I'm playing, other times just doesn't work at all.

Two iPod headphones, Both speaker headphones are faulty in the same way. Unknown reason.

Faulty gamecube controller. My father thought it would be a good idea to use alcohol to fix the problem. Oddly enough it worked, but now my controller is sticky.

Dropped Father's camera at Disney World at four years of age.

Dropped three flat screen TVs. Heavy lifting is awesome!

Flat screen TV couldn't display the color Green correctly. The color kept coming up as Blue.

Managed to make an Air Conditioner of mine fall out a two story window onto some nice pavement. I swear to god that I did not mean to do this.

HOLY CRAP FLAME! Anyway...

My GBA's right d-pad button DOES NOT work, and the triggers are a bit iffy. There is also a line of dead pixels. This broke mainly from overuse. It still works otherwise (though unplayable) even though some moron spilled water on it.

My DS Lite's triggers randomly have on and off periods, the screen's scratched and innaccurate and the already stiff d-pad (I got mine early-on) is even stiffer on the Left. There is also a cosmetic crack on the left side of the hinge and the other side has broken off. The left speaker has also gone silent. Unlike my GBA, this lasted a small fraction of the time. THANK YOU NINTENDO. My friend's DS Lite also randomly had the top screen crack on the inside out of nowhere. That's how my Lite's right-hinge broke too. Randomly.

It sucks how stuff isn't built to last these days. >.< Nintendo, for example, used to build sturdy hardware, but NOT ANYMORE! DS is also the biggest fail ever when it comes to ergonomics. 3 models and they've never gotten it right (to be honest, i haven't actually held a DSi but it looks like it'd feel similar to a Lite, but thinner.) Yet the original GBA is one of the most comfortable handhelds ever, and it's lasted me much longer than my DS Lite and has gone through a lot more too.

What else... what else...

My phone, a Nokia 6300, once got an error where it wouldn't charge at all and instead said "charger not supported", but we got the whole phone repaired (for free, thanks to warranty). I love how this would have never happened to those old black-and-white-screened phones.

My original PS was stolen by burglars but my second one stopped recognizing the controller input, then stopped working altogether. I have a PS2 now so that doesn't matter.

My computer SURPRISINGLY is still going strong after 9 years. It's had its issues though. I've gone through a few monitors, 3 graphics cards, a sound card and one RAM card. My network card is broken, but I haven't replaced it because I'm going to put a wireless one in when we move anyway. I also once got a boot-sector virus and had to reinstall Windows.

Two EPSON C45-series inkjet printers have died on me. The first said "end of service life" and the other had permanent damage to the print heads.

A D-Link DL-524 router stopped accepting input in the modem port, making me have to buy another one off eBay.

Upstairs TV has a broken speaker but it was like that when we got it (it was lying around my sister's boyfriend's house not being used). It does suck for video gaming though. Too much overscan.

Our washing machine of many years is gone, too, as of recently.

Microwaves don't work in general. Food is always cold in the middle >.<

I've been quite lucky for the most part. I don't think I've ever had a handheld game console break on me. My last computer died on me, but I had most of my files backed up.

Countless Headphones

GBC Speaker Faulty (I belive they both have this problem)

Broken Printer. <- Broken in the box at christmas

Radios <- Y'know those Crappy School fundraiser ones

NES <- Cartridges

Sega Genesis ^Above

Discs <- GCN.

-Two headphones, both broken by others.
-My CD-ROM drive, it isn't opening properly.
-My second computer, thanks to a VIRUS ATTACK
-The fridge, now it either freezes or does nothing.
-Lots of X-Box controllers (Not 360), my sister ALWAYS chewed on the wires.
-My DS-Lite, only slightly (a crack between the screens).

And that's all. Not alot of stuff, I think.

My PC that lasted years kept breaking down every week, until it no longer gave life.

My Stereo's CD drive broke down while moving to a new house. I have to unscrew the top off to put CDs in. But then again, I don't use my stereo for that.

My first PSP's battery somehow leaked some sort of water fluid, which dried up into a white powder. Then when trying to turn it on, the green light just flashed once, then went dead. I sent it over to Sony, and never heard from it again. My current Phat PSP is still fine, though.

This also happened to my laptop. Covered with white powder everywhere, cleaning it did nothing. I ended up trading that computer, minus the hard drive, for a Phat DS. Now I have two sets of phats with me :D

My brother's Xbox 360 gave 1 red light of death. I searched online to see how to fix it, but with no luck, he sent it back for another one. All thanks to the power of the warranty. Screw you, mail system.

My big TV (which is not a widescreen or HD, just big) keeps breaking down every time we move it around. By that, I mean the shell on the back of it. Each time it's moved, we keep a new shell with us for the trash can collection.

My GBA. 'nuff said

I guess I can say my DS, I've dropped it so many times it won't let me recalibrate the touch screen.

I have never damaged any of my electronics, things being so ilogically expensive here gives an extreme sence of care with all electronics.

:SonicMaster: said:
A third party Nintendo 64 controller. Z button broke.

Never use third party remotes. They suck.

Anyway, nearly every single pair of earphones I have gotten. I plug it into my iPod a few times, then somehow breaks.

Three headsets, two of which was this model, couple computers, a few hard drives, a video card, about three or four CPUs, two sticks of RAM, two CD drives, a keyboard, a mouse, couple videogame controllers (ranging from genesis to Xbox 360 =P)... And I can't really think of anything else right now.

Bigboi said:
I broke 16 PC-CD rom drives in a day during my engineering class this year.

Remind me to never let you near my DVD rewriter, I dread to think what you'd do to something with a burning laser in.

An old AT power supply because I didn't connect all the cables to the power button well.
Due to their abysmal design, white smoke came out of it, and the AT cable literally blew out.
Oh well, now I've got another spare fan.

To people who say that their computer died due to viruses, reinstall your operating system. It's nothing physical, just virtual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back