Hidden exits? Found in anchient levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played it, nice piece of SRB2 history. :D EDIT:just found out theres another area you access by walking on the glowing bridge. SECOND EDIT:O_o it keeps turning my player around, apparently its an illusion that made me think there WAS another area, but there wasnt.

Last edited:
It looks like it runs best under Demo 2.

This is probably one of the earliest SRB2 maps made. You can tell FOFs weren't possible yet.

Someone put this on the History Channel.

...Nevermind, they might stretch the truth and say that SSN's secret alien brother made it.

O_O also, was the area with the purple sky and the death pit actually in the map?

No, it was a whole separate wad. Don't worry, you're not missing anything. Just a single sector box room with a pit.

No, it was a whole separate wad. Don't worry, you're not missing anything. Just a single sector box room with a pit.
I wasnt thinking i was missing anything, was just curious.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Huh, apparently there are buttons in hidden palace, what were they supposed to do?

Last edited:
Huh, apparently there are buttons in hidden palace, what were they supposed to do?

Buttons? Where?

I also noticed there are a couple of invisible things you can collide with near the start of the map.. what thing type # are they? Might help me wrack my brain...

Buttons? Where?

I also noticed there are a couple of invisible things you can collide with near the start of the map.. what thing type # are they? Might help me wrack my brain...
I noticed the invisible things too... also the buttons are before the stairs that go to the glowing bridges near the end, but they dont seem to do anything. EDIT:They are thing type 46.

Last edited:
Oh! Those aren't buttons, they are crumbling platforms. Hahahaha...

Type 46 is just a Doom red torch. Maybe I was doing some testing with being able to jump on top of objects, I really don't remember.

Oh! Those aren't buttons, they are crumbling platforms. Hahahaha...

Type 46 is just a Doom red torch. Maybe I was doing some testing with being able to jump on top of objects, I really don't remember.
Oh, they crumble kinda slow though.

Buttons? Where?

I dug into the wad in Doombuilder 2 and Id'd the items. Using the sprites provided In the zip file, I found that thing type 46 is Hidden Palace's glowing Orb while thing type 70 is both Deep Sea's Seaweed and Hidden Palace's Bridge Post.

SonicRoboBeta.png

How come every time a question is asked about an old version of SRB2, something one thought was lost was found?

I was looking around on the wayback machine at some old WGD's about SRB2 from 1999 and found something, "As far as finding secret levels will go - You've got a tough task, but for a hint on how to find the Speed Highway level, go back from the exit in the Deep Sea Zone... you'll find something eventually..." was speed highway considered as a secret level then scrapped?

for a hint on how to find the Speed Highway level, go back from the exit in the Deep Sea Zone... you'll find something eventually..." was speed highway considered as a secret level then scrapped?

Well glaber, I guess you got your answer about the Deep Sea exit!

And yes, now I remember that Speed Highway was another secret level. And yes, I'm pretty sure I still have the WAD(s). I'll go dig them up.

Well glaber, I guess you got your answer about the Deep Sea exit!

And yes, now I remember that Speed Highway was another secret level. And yes, I'm pretty sure I still have the WAD(s). I'll go dig them up.
Woo, first hidden palace, now (possibly) a speed highway level! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back