Official Time Attack Records (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a matter of fact, I am completely stupid, and you should never again listen to what I tell you... Anyway, I've updated everything now, beginning with the post where the wiki page was first introduced.

You didn't have to do that SpiritCrusher. I had really meant to do it, but I'm just so horribly lazy I never did.

I thank you though.

Okay, that video is absurd. You know about the Whirlwind Shield in the shrink ray room, right, or does that actually make it slower? If nothing else it would let you avoid the fight you ended up losing a ton of time to with the Jetty-syn.

Yes, I know of the Whirlwind shield. It's faster to not get it in each of my attempts. If anything, I'd get it as a thing to ensure a quick get-away in the Jetty room. Past that it makes my time slower.

Well, it also makes the room right before the Jetty-syn room faster because you can skip all the jumps with the turrets entirely. It would require testing to figure out whether it's an actual time savings, but I'm pretty sure it is.

Am I a bad time attacker if I don't like putting up new times that beat the current ones by a tick or a few? :(

Well, it also makes the room right before the Jetty-syn room faster because you can skip all the jumps with the turrets entirely. It would require testing to figure out whether it's an actual time savings, but I'm pretty sure it is.

I've tested it, and in both test, I forgot to factor in one thing - the broken crusher in the next room. No matter if I get the whirlwind shield or not, I'm gonna have to go through the crusher at the same time in both occasions, so really, the whirlwind shield is the dominant solution in this. I've recently improved my time to 3:54.48 but I don't have time to upload.

Penopat, I'd say you're just being kind. A few ticks better is still better though and wouldn't be bad if you showed them. You're a good time attacker for beating them.

As the times get better and better the margin for time shaving is going to get smaller and smaller, so eventually a single tic will actually mean something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back