Old and New

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Posted by Jazz on 12-15-2010 08:46 PM.

What’s old is new:

“Mystic Realm is a level mod for SRB2 with over 30 stages, a bunch of secrets, and a lot of stuff to do. Being originally created in 2003 and last updated in 2006, Mystic Realm is one of the oldest SRB2 modifications. As such, many of the levels here will likely feel dated nowadays after SRB2 2.0 included far more interesting single player stages with far more depth. On the other hand, an insane amount of love and devotion was put into this, and while the stages lack in modern size and depth, they do still have it where it counts. If you’re looking for a bunch of moderately decent single player content or have a nostalgia for older versions of SRB2, Mystic Realm should last you quite a while.”

attachment.php

Fourm topic and download link here.

And something about v2.1:

Work on v2.1 is not as quick as any of us would like, but work is being done. v2.1 will contain three new ring weapons for use in SRB2′s first person shooter gamemodes (Match, Tag and CTF.) They are in the late prototype stage and unfit for public viewing, although you might find our choice of placeholder art amusing. Lets just say that many Crawlas and a handful of Goombas have been serving as makeshift projectiles and are not entirely happy about their predicament.

More...

Are there going to be new textures? Because if there are, it'll mean I'll need to do a lot of arduous conversion for Tortured Planet.

Three new weapon rings, huh? And how will the official stages be able to hold all of those?
I kinda doubt that all nine weapon rings are going to take place in a single map.

I mean, they could, but it's probably easier to just have a certain amount of weapon rings and the next stage have different weapons. Kind of as stage-specific gimmicks.

Unless these three act as some kind of randomly selected 7th weapon powerup, I don't see what's suddenly so broken with the current system that it needs three more weapons.

Three new weapon rings? Pretty cool, I can't wait to see what they are. Maybe a grenade-bomb combination, or maybe that lazer point ring that was suggested...?

One of the weapons serves a strong need that you probably will immediately feel the instant you pick it up. The other two are more experimental and may not make it through development.

I'm removing the word "three" from the blog post in order to cover my butt.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say if all goes well, we'll have three new ring weapons. Sorry for jumping the gun, guys. :D

I'm removing the word "three" from the blog post in order to cover my butt.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say if all goes well, we'll have three new ring weapons. Sorry for jumping the gun, guys. :D
I'm betting that two of them won't make it, and the one Mystic talked about it will.

Adding one new ring type probably wouldn't hurt the balance of current maps.

Well all three of the new ones allow you to do something you couldn't previously do in SRB2 match. The issue is whether or not those things SHOULD be possible and whether or not they can be balanced in with the other weapons.

Don't worry. The plan is not to ruin the precarious balance in SRB2 match. The plan is to provide a few more tools in the player's arsenal to give you even more options. It's not to overcomplicate things and bloat it beyond reason =P

It's probably not it, but I've always wanted Elemental Rings, you know, like a Fire Ring that causes enemies to lose rings by the second after they're hit by it (as in burned) and a Freeze Ring that... Well... Freezes. Maybe there could also be a Water Ring that has alot more of effect while in water...? Meh, I should move this to the suggestion topic :|

Hehe, a freeze ring that you can freeze other players over water, they'll fall in and float/bob and you can stand on top of them to cross! :D

A freeze ring could also have the one frozen slide around like in Sonic 3D Blast. Perfect for Nimbus Ruins.

Hehe, a freeze ring that you can freeze other players over water, they'll fall in and float/bob and you can stand on top of them to cross! :D
*has haunting memories of the great bay temple from Zelda Majora's Mask*
I hated that t-temple...

I'd love this ring. Any ice based weapon is awesome to me since my favorite element is ice.

Well all three of the new ones allow you to do something you couldn't previously do in SRB2 match. The issue is whether or not those things SHOULD be possible and whether or not they can be balanced in with the other weapons.

Don't worry. The plan is not to ruin the precarious balance in SRB2 match. The plan is to provide a few more tools in the player's arsenal to give you even more options. It's not to overcomplicate things and bloat it beyond reason =P
My darn, stop making me so anxious.
Gah, I'm impatient. I WANT THESE WEAPON RINGS NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back