[Open Assets] Grassy Grenade Zone Match v1.3.2

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shardvex

Grassy Grenade Zone Match v1.3.2

Here it is, the developed version my first level ever! For those of you who did see my first level on the IRC, what I have done is resize the Thok Barrier, change all the textures, delete/redo all the sectors and about everything else you can imagine! For what it started as, it turned out pretty good. As a bonus, this level includes a midi and an ogg of the same song!

This level is themed close to Sunshine Atoll Zone, from Tortured Planet. (Without the beach idea.) Please post comments and criticism!

EDIT* Fixed level select crash. Fixed too many flats bug. It was do to a bad nodebuild. Put up an attachment.

Version 1.2: Release
Version 1.3: Tailsmastermind gave some suggestions, so I did them.
Version 1.3.1: Small tweaks, such as rings, and spring-holes.
Version 1.3.2: Major Changes, thanks to myself and Mystery Cheese, who is part of the team.

NEWS: The levels are no longer going to be called the X Arena, but instead included the Sonic Sector project.

NEWS: Sonic Sector, is going to be a TOTAL SRB2 MOD/Replacement. We are going to replace almost everything, even the srb2 EXE. We have 3 (C language) coders on the team, including myself, and a bunch of mappers. I will also be a texture artist, musician and etc. This level is the first level of the new project. Contact Mystery Cheese, for more information please!

Sendspace Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/oxjm9g
4shared Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/KETV9-HP/mt_grassygrenade_v132.html

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 582
  • srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    403 KB · Views: 496
  • mt_grassygrenade_v1.2.zip
    2 MB · Views: 395
  • mt_grassygrenade_v1.3.2.zip
    2 MB · Views: 522
Last edited:
*Off-Topic* Uh, there is a way to remove these little messages of Post-release Cleanup??? *End of Off-Topic*

Well, the level is much better now. I'd like to help you on this level pack, but I don't have a good creativity to make a map(even if a Match map requires less creativity than a CTF or a SP map), and I'm not so good at sceneries/sector sceneries too. XP

I tested it some. I think my main problem with the hole above the spring is that you still have to slow down, due to it not being set against a wall, but hey, I'll just avoid that area.

And can you please explain to me the tree area? Those items just seem pointless in there. They are a bit high up for Tails players to make much good use of them, and the bottom of the inside is not possible to stand on.

Also, I like your placement of Super Ring only monitors vs Random Monitors. I think it's much more evenly balanced now.

Cue, they appear for everyone, because the Software forces to soft delete the posts, which leaves these small messages.

I just gotten word that you didnt put color in your water... just like my wad

No Joey, there is color in the water. Maybe a light color, but it is there. The version with color in the water (which you saw on the #srb2xclan IRC), was version 1.0. Err... I forget which color code I used. It was some type of blue... you can proabably check it out with srb2db.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

I tested it some. I think my main problem with the hole above the spring is that you still have to slow down, due to it not being set against a wall, but hey, I'll just avoid that area.

And can you please explain to me the tree area? Those items just seem pointless in there. They are a bit high up for Tails players to make much good use of them, and the bottom of the inside is not possible to stand on.

Also, I like your placement of Super Ring only monitors vs Random Monitors. I think it's much more evenly balanced now.

The tree part, they are ment for a flying tails. Sorta like, there are flying rings in every other match level you play. However, if you think the automatics in the tree give tails a bad advantage, I could remove them and make it just rings.

Okay, the new version is up. (v1.3.1)

One last thing... whoever can find my signature in this wad, gets early updates on the wad progress, and a cookie!

Last edited:
Oh... well... it is still funny. Notice most of the letters are part of the level actually. They are linedef executers.

And yes, every level I make will probably have this. :P

Last edited:
Cue, they appear for everyone, because the Software forces to soft delete the posts, which leaves these small messages.

Except those little messages only show to PHCC because he created the topic, and you (and the rest of the judges/mods/admins) because you're a moderator of this forum. Unregistered/normal users shouldn't see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back