SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

Sonic Temporal Line v.1.1 Details »»
Sonic Temporal Line v.1.1
Version: 1.1, by Internet Explorer (IT'S NO USE) Internet Explorer is offline
Developer Last Online: Nov 2018

Version: SRB2 Rating: (4 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 07-08-2010 Last Update: 07-13-2010 Installs: 1
Characters Single Player Levels Scripts Sprites/Graphics

(Before-all, I speak French. It is hard to speak.)

Hello and good evening everyone!

My first wad is Boogie Palace. It was really the old days, no gadgets .Just sectors and holes ...
My last wad, was Dangerous Volcano, which I posted the contest. There were more gadgets, but the level design was very bad.
I received letters saying that the level was too hard. Some liked him anyway. I think I lost the contest in advance. I have another level for the next contest.

But that's probably finished with the wad that I will discuss below! It's a whole game with over 10 zone !

But before presenting my game. I have some people to thank ...

==> Sonic X8000 : A very good creator of sprites and gfx : In fact he gave me permission to use data from his wad "Graphic X8000".
This wad contains beautiful new images. The "Sonic" from the main screen, the letters of the names of levels, the figures .. much more beautiful!
However, some sprites, I liked a little less. I use 80% of his sprites of his wad, 20% were inappropriate too.

==> Chaos Zero 64 : He created the character Metal Sonic. This is more or less than the speed of Sonic, has the same capacity (the "Thok"), and mechanical noise when he jumps.
However, the characters bug. You can save a game with and use in my game as a playable character ... but his sprites are confused. It may be placed in the game, but once completed. I'll deal with Metal S. more later.

==> Blade : He created the character Cream The Rabbit.
However, it has not yet responded to the authorization of Cream in my game.
Hoping that I could complete these lines.

==> Morph: It creates the boss "Twisted Mobile".
A nice little boss. Original.
But there is also a problem to integrate it into the game I should therefore also take care of changes as Boss / characters at the end.

==> Kim The Fox ! : Helped me make my speech. I am French, my English is not 100% English and may contain errors. Thus, the cinematics, level names and any text that the player can understand has been reformulated by Kimmy. Thanks !

==> Small message for Fawfulfan : I try to inspire your level design. It is therefore subject to a small line in the MAINCFG.

And now ... The presentation of the game!

Quote:
Changelog

Version 1.1 (Beta) first version of T. Line. Contains some new graphics, some new music and an act of Azure Lake finished.

ZONES

==> Azure Lake (Easy) : Act 1 completed !
Like any good Sonic game in general, Azure Lake is a forest-meadow level.
The peaceful landscape is in fact an attractive area friendly, while remaining in a game mode very easy.
However, this area does not look like Green Hill. It is a style of real life. More in the style of real meadow. We leave the old grid orange / brown.
Of little surprises you can appear on the trees and the source of the waterfalls ...

==> Ruins Zone (Easy) : - Incomplete Zone -
I have my ideas for this zone but I have not yet begun, so the description will not be 100% correct.
After crossing the meadow, Sonic and his friends continue their road to a field of ruins style Marble Zone (Sonic 1). A little fire , but nothing fancy. There will be small temples from time to time!

==> Underground Toxic (Easy) : - Incomplete Zone -
I have my ideas for this zone but I have not yet begun, so the description will not be 100% correct.
Sonic and his friends find a passage to the sewers which may perhaps lead to urban society.
There are a lot of waste, and some passages thin. There will be a lot of spikes. Be careful where you walk !

==> Thunder Lab (Medium) : - Incomplete Zone -
On leaving the sewers, Sonic and his friends find themselves in a factory that works. There are electric currents, so be careful not to get electrocuted !

==> Speed Sky
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Desert Of Horus
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Dangerous Volcano
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Freeze Mountain
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Ice Coast
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Crystal Cave
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Water Palace
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Marine Surf
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Blood City
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Darkness Metropolis
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Delta Egg
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Station Nitro
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Egg Force
- Incomplete Zone -

==> Final
- Incomplete Zone -

Main link, direct link :
V.1.1

Version 1.1 (Current):
The wad containing the music works.
The game has the credits at the end of the first zone, as the following zoness are not commenced.
Otherwise, the levels have not changed, not advanced, sorry. I will restart a contest for hope win, before continue Temporal Line.

The levels : http://www.sendspace.com/file/c491qe
The musics (
strongly recommended to add in addition to the above wad
) : http://www.sendspace.com/file/bz9qo3

-------------- Enjoy ! ----------------

Sonic Temporal Line's future : Right now, it just a simple mod, really uncompleted. It's even a dead mod. But I want to make that level pack, the best modification which ever existed. I'm, for the moment, training my level design skills, and pulling it to its limit. This will take time, maybe..years ? But the day I'll have the time to work on this pack, when my level design skills will be very good, I'll come back to this mod, and everything will be deleted : I'll restart it to 0%. I'll remake Azure Lake and everything you can see (sprites, pictures..everything) in the wad right now. The next time you'll hear of T.L, its name will be probably slighly changed, and all the levels will be done. But this will take ..a really, really long time. Please forget this pack.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20011.png
Views:	807
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	915   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20014.png
Views:	716
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	916  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 01-12-2011   #22
Kim the Fox!!!
What am I doing here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
You're welcome, IE, and PM me if you need help with the Temporal Line mod, with mapping and with grammar issues in the cutscenes (you can have my help if you want to write correctly, "c'est indispensable" ;) ). Do you want my help? I really want to help in this mod.
So, what do you think?
<~Kim the Fox> I think he'd love to hear that personally.
<@Miles Knuckles Power> Yea XD
Aww, they love each other so much :D
Old 01-13-2011   #23
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet Explorer View Post
Spirit, the music is heavy veeeeeery, they exceed the weight limit attachment accepted. I'll try to put an attachment, but here I am in the programming on 1.2, it will wait this version for attachments, sorry. Must be satisfied by the Sendspace link for the moment.
The levels are 3.2 MB big, which fits perfectly, and the music is 32.55 MB big, which would probably fit if you put it into a ZIP archive. But yeah, it's fine if you wait for the next version.
Old 01-25-2011   #24
Metal96
spaghetti coder

LESS ARROWS! >:-(

Everything else: good. I like the palette function. Nice work, can't wait for more levels.
Old 01-25-2011   #25
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Knuckle Power View Post
I know its the first act on first level, but try place more enemys, like red crawlas or fly enemys. Its dont have muchs enemys around, try place more enemys in way of player, and ones in not-much-way, like water, understand?
Why do you want so many enemies in every level? Placing enemies is not about having many of them, it's about having the right ones in the right spots. I think the number of enemies that are currently in the level is just fine. Also, why should there be enemies in places that the player doesn't even have to go to, like water?
Old 01-25-2011   #26
Metal-Rawr
Friendly lurker, I promise.

Quote:
Understand?
No. *shot*
You mean that the player thinks there are no enemies in water, so he goes into the water and then BOOM suprise, right?
Old 01-25-2011   #27
Thompson
Endokukennnn

Quote:
Why put enemys on water? Is because it. Player dont found enemys on water, so he go in this way, its more secure from Player. Understand?
You don't just place enemies under water just because of it, and it's not more secure. Placing a blue crawla in a tiny puddle in huge land mass? You'd only place them underwater if there is a right need for them to be.
Old 01-25-2011   #28
Metal96
spaghetti coder

Exactly. A level's difficulty should not be derived from the number of enemies in it; it should be derived from platforming and enemy placement. The number of enemies is perfectly fine.
Old 01-27-2011   #29
Internet Explorer
IT'S NO USE

Ha ha ha! I have not seen that there were two pages. "There are a lot of time that I don't have any post to my game .. oh oh oh!" Bah I was huge.
I want to say that I will take a long time to finish the first area.
FORGET MY MOD PLEASE, this is one level.

When I am finished, then I'll really make my king. But for now, it's rotten.

Thaaanks for your support, but it will take an enormous amount of time I have to... finish the contest, I'm sure they will love my level. I am doing well in school period to eliminate some competitors, ho ho.
Old 07-01-2012   #30
TailzCreatedSpeed

I'm not sure if anyone's already asked this and I'm sorry if someone has and I've ignored it, but how do you make the rings and time the way it is in the screenshots? I see that quite frequently in peoples videos and wanted to know how. And I haven't tested this yet but judging from the screenshots, it looks all right. Most of my reviews for levels though I do on my YouTube though so chances are that I'll play it and forget to inform you ha ha. So yeah, sorry there.
Old 07-05-2012   #31
Internet Explorer
IT'S NO USE

It's been a while since I wasn't on this thread, and it seems my little brother had... some problems with english. It's the sister which is supposed to continue the mod now since he stopped SRB2, but she is busy. So, let's spend to your question, TailzCreatedSpeed, and forgetting the progress of the mod for the moment.

What do you actually mean by "that way" ? If you mean why the time and the rings seem differents, it's because it's some beautiful sprites that SonicX8000 made. If you are talking about how I placed the ring like that, it's because I took a screenshot just before the ring was out of the screen.
Can you be more accurate with your question ~?

Last edited by Internet Explorer; 07-05-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-10-2012   #32
TailzCreatedSpeed

I'm sorry. Re reading that I noticed I was extremely vague.

Right, what I was meaning was that: In the screenshot, the writing for the rings and time look different than that of the original srb2 game. I was wondering how it looked like that.