The pac-man series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
This seems to be old to post about but...
-----
Pac-man.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man
Pac-man is a old classic game where you move about in a maze and try to eat up all the pac-Dots while avoiding the Ghosts, if ether 1 Ghost touchs you, your lose 1 life.

Eating a Power Pellet will allow you to end the Ghosts for a limited time, depending on how far you are in the game, the Power Pellet effects wear off faster to where they only make the Ghosts flip dicertions.

There were a few games that doesn't follow the *1 touch and you die* format, ones such as the pac-Man World sereies where you are given 4 hits until you die or unless it's an insta-kill type of hit.

The link shows the Arcade version of Pac-Man, at the bottom of that website is a list of the Pac-Man games that were made.

So... discuss.

Oh, and the very first Pac-Man game I ever played was Ms. Pac-Man for the Sega Genesis.

-----

Bah.. could a Mod/Admin edit the Title to "The Pac-Man Series"? For some reason, they went to lowercase even though I CAPS them, also I don't think I could change it after I posted the topic...

Last edited:
I played a few Pac-man games, ( I believe all 3 "Pac-Man World" games) the original Pac-man, and Ms.Pacman, oh and the games you could unlock in Pac-man world 2

Ah, good ol' Pac-Man. One of my early video games as a young kid. One thing I find weird about this game is that glitch when you reach level 256.

180px-Split_Screen_in_Pac_Man.gif

Trippy...

I've mentioned this before, but Mrs. Pac Man is one of my favorite games. The only reason I prefer it more than the original is because it has four mazes instead of one. I'm not sure how the movement patterns of the ghosts differ between the two games, though.

You guys aren't going to believe this, but I swear I'm telling the truth. The principal of my school is trying to arrange a meeting between me and the designer of the Pac-Man series...something about a local Asperger's foundation, but I don't really know the details.

Although you don't know the details, I've got to ask this:

Do you know exactly what the person you're going to meet designed? Are they (*salivates*) one of the Japanese designers of the original game? Or perhaps the cabinet designer for the US arcade release? Or maybe one of the game designers of Ms. Pac-Man (which was done by Midway Bailey, in the United States)?

Whatever. What a sweet deal. I hope you can disclose a lot of information from that meeting.

Last edited:
If you're getting a meeting with that type of person then it must be for a special reason. Oh yes I have played pac-man before. But not exactly on any type of official gaming console just a few flash makes like the one mentioned above. And Bdop, how the hell you got that far, I do not know - I mean if you can get THAT far you'd sure top the high scores on whatever website allows it such as WADbase...

Although you don't know the details, I've got to ask this:

Do you know exactly what the person you're going to meet designed? Are they (*salivates*) one of the Japanese designers of the original game? Or perhaps the cabinet designer for the US arcade release? Or maybe one of the game designers of Ms. Pac-Man (which was done by Midway Bailey, in the United States)?

Whatever. What a sweet deal. I hope you can disclose a lot of information from that meeting.

I think it's the third one.

Unfortunately, it's not definite that everything will work out. It might fall through. But I'll let you guys know about it if it happens.

Ms. Pac Man was my first arcade game. Man, did I suck as a kid, never even got to lvl 3. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the laundromat owner turned the difficulty up to hard to make more money.

Feels weird to see all this Pac Man related stuff on a lot of places I go anymore, because I just found a copy of Pac Man Fever and was blasting that the past two weeks.

I was never too interested in the original game.
Ms. Pac-Man on the Genesis added several new maze designs, multiplayer, and difficulty settings, which made the game much more enjoyable.
Pac-Man Arrangement was an extremely fun arcade game.
I played Pac-Man World 2 on the Gamecube, but never got very far into the game.

Anybody else play Pac-Man 2: The New Adventure? It was an old game released for the Sega Genesis and SNES. It didn't play at all like the original, operating more like a real-time click-and-point game that also incorporated Pac-Man's emotions. If nothing else, the game had priceless animations. And you could play the original Pac-Man and unlock Pac-Man Jr. or Ms. Pac-Man! Fun times...

I've played Pac Man 2 before. It was fun to intentionally hurt or piss off Pac Man, moreso than it was to play the game properly. Kinda surprised Pac Jr. was on it, only other home version I know of was the Atari 5200 version, which was never released and has to be acquired in one of those multi game carts.

Speaking of Atari, anybody play the 2600 version of the original? That was one crappy port lol.

I was never too interested in the original game.
Ms. Pac-Man on the Genesis added several new maze designs, multiplayer, and difficulty settings, which made the game much more enjoyable.
Pac-Man Arrangement was an extremely fun arcade game.
I played Pac-Man World 2 on the Gamecube, but never got very far into the game.
Pac-Man Arrangement is awesome.

I got to the lava world in Pac-Man World 2 before my save data corrupted for some half-assed reason. Then I never touched it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back