Perhaps an aiming line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox Unit 01

Dinner with a fox in a box?
Well, after playing a bit of test levels for long periods of time, I realized how hard it was to aim up and down. I had to guess-and-check by firing lots of rings, usually resulting in me getting shot (I use mouse). Since 'chasecam 0' sucks in 2D levels (you go left and you sometimes look right, etc.), it would be nice to have an option for a thin, small aiming line, like a laser pointer thing (if anyone's played Hidden and Dangerous, they'd know what I mean). This way, anyone using 3rd person would have a basic chance against some of the other, more skilled people. ;P

Ok.. Speaking of 2D levels, how about a 2D Capture the Flag? =P *shot*

Don't we already have a crosshair? I think a laser (Think laser pointer or a sniper) while throwsing rings would be a great option. Mabey some real guns could be put in as unlockables, too. :wink:

Don't make me laugh.

The pre-1998 world of Sonic doesn't involve guns. The laser idea is exactly what fox was pointing out, too.

According to fox's idea, I was thinking more like the pointer thing as a crosshair that stretches across the entire screen on its width, though the height of the crosshair would be shorter. Like, CROSSHAIR 1 with the width of it unbearably long

Okay, than. I shall add them myself. Erm... is ANYONE willing to help, or is everybody going to just sit around and keep Sonic in the happy-happy world?

We have a crosshair in first person mode, duh...In third person, we don't. That's what he's asking for.

Has anyone played Giants: Citizen Kabuto? It has a crosshair on the camera.... and the angle of the camera is equal to where the player is aiming. a441, would you want to add this functionality to the camera? (It probably just involves changing the pitch or something).

An aiming line would be... well, software mode doesn't have anything built in for drawing lines. However, it would be easy in OGL.

glColor3f(1.0,0,0);
glBegin(GL_LINES)
glVertex3i(player->mo->x, player->mo->z+player->mo->height/2, player->mo->y);
// glVertex3i...u hh,, well, you'd want to grab the aiming vector to determine this.. heheh....
glEnd();

Ya got that right, Blue Blur. I don't even understand that. I mean, who knows what glColor3f(1.0,0,0);
glBegin(GL_LINES)
glVertex3i(player->mo->x, player->mo->z+player->mo->height/2, player->mo->y);
// glVertex3i...u hh,, well, you'd want to grab the aiming vector to determine this..
glEnd();

means, anyway?

It's piss simple. I'm just saying I want to start drawing a line, and give it the coordinates of the two vertices. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Back