What's up with the soundtrack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

I tried to download the soundtrack today and have a problem.

OK, I have a 54 mbps connection. I click the link, and nothing happens.

Ok, so I right-click it and tell it to save it. It works. It instantly drops to 100 kbps, and half an hour later, at 71%, it tells me that the server was reset and stops the download. What do I do?

Do you use Firefox? Try switching the browser, and if you have the same problem. It might be a server side error.

1. You do not have a 54Mbps connection, obviously. I assume your computer is on a wireless network? That network is running at 54Mbps (which is 6.75MB/s by the way), your internet connection is much, much slower than this.

2. Your internet connection either must not be a very reliable one, or does not have good access to SRB2.org. OR, SRB2.org could be having some problems right now (which is HIGHLY unlikely so you probably don't want to bother considering this.)

There's a soundtrack DL? Or is it that one from Conic?

Someone should bookmark the RSS feed to ensure nothing embarrassing like this happens to them again.

Ok, so I right-click it and tell it to save it. It works. It instantly drops to 100 kbps, and half an hour later, at 71%, it tells me that the server was reset and stops the download. What do I do?

Try it again. It wasn't a server-side issue, unless excess bandwidth was being consumed for some arbitrary reason.

Last edited:
It still isn't working. It's probobly a problem with my broadband adapter; I've been having some problems with it lately. I'll figure it out. Or is there maybe a way to download it in increments, so it doesn't have time to reset?

No, I've never had a problem like this before. Except for when the MB didn't like zips being downloaded with IE8, but we all knew about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back