Is there too many coop servers online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there too many coop servers online? Most of them are role playing. (found 5 this moring) What do you think? (Im new lol.) P.S. Im also tired of "Can you change it to coop pleaze." While I have the only race server online. *edit* I pm cue for the play date idea (becase hes makeing the new ms) lets just hope he reads it.

If you don't like the people who ask for type changes, politely say no, and ignore them. If they continue, threaten to kick or eventually ban them.

What I do for anyone who asks for gametype change/asks for wads, I warn them first and if they ask again I kick. But I'm becoming tempted to just kick them or ban them just because so many of them come into my server, when people even come in at all.

I think there is a lot of co-op servers, and more people should host the other gametypes. What amazes me is how nearly everyone playing online in SRB2 goes and joins the co-op servers and my match/ctf (Although I am getting sick of the CTF maps, and I usually use one custom match map) server is almost always empty.

I'm starting to get into the habit of explaining that my server is a competitive server, so coop and tag would be a no-go. It tends to slow down the frequency of unwanted requests.

I think that really, the people who want competitive servers have quit trying because nobody on the master server likes anything but coop; if we already had more match/ctf servers than coop servers, the ball would be rolling pretty smoothly. Perhaps we should organize an all-day matchathon or something some time; just to give the more competent community to look forward to.

Yes.
I am so sick of people asking me to change it to co-op and then asking why.
A: I am the host, I dont need a reason
B: Beacuse Co-op is more of a hilarity mode than a competitive mode

Matchathon is a YES.
I'll assist BW, If I can.

These days I was testing Water Plant (match) Zone on Master Server. I don't remember well... but sometimes it happens with me:

Code:
The server has been registered on the master server...
>test
* Executing test... * 
Added file ./mt_waterplant.wad (12 lumps)
Loading main config from ./mt_waterplant.wad
MAPA1
Speeding off to level...
Levels will end after 10 minutes.
Message of the day set.
(...)
<player> Hi
<Ezer> Hi
<player> Wad?
<Ezer> I have ~300...
<player> Add shadow
<Ezer> Added
<player> Add amyre
<Ezer> Added
<player> Add blaze
<Ezer> >_>
<player> Add chao
<Ezer> guy, you wanna play or make requests?
(...)
<player> coop plx
<Ezer> *ignores*

The problem isn't that there are to many of one server. Nowdays, the problem is that there is to less of any server. And most of the time, if there is a server, it is always messed with (gravity, startlives, etc.).

Here's an idea... ban gh2 (and similar) servers. I think we should leave those wads to the DOOM game. Thank you. Thank you very much. *inserts Elvis impersonation*

I just found out somthing. Its the new players from youtube and other sites that have low intel. rakings. We just have too teach them. A match a thon will help a lot. But there cant be any more servers online, and it cant have wads.(so anyone can join.) That is my idea. *edit* WOW I just hosed my server and after a wilie no one joins. And get this I had the only non-coop server, its a sad day. (taps plays)

Hm, looks like a lot of people are in favor of said matchathon. I'm willing to go through with it, but we'd need to figure out some details first. What date would we do the matchathon? And who will be willing to host match and ctf servers that day?

srb20000-3.png

The only server I saw today was a Ctf, and when I hosted, I got the above result.

Looks like the MS has its moments huh?

arnold_the_bartender said:
I've been using the MSLauncher2 and I only see modded games most of the time. >_>

Thats beacuse nine out of ten games are modded, not beacuse the MSLauncher is filtering them.

Chrome said:
srb20000-3.png

The only server I saw today was a Ctf, and when I hosted, I got the above result.

Looks like the MS has its moments huh?

Chrome sure does have good netgames at times. Anyway back to the topic. Yes, to many Coop servers with recolores and alot of wads. I ask all the Coop-lovas' out there. * Why do coop if you have done it so many times? Dosen't it get boring doing the same crap all the time?*

I hosted a ctf netgame and 20 guys asked for coop and 5 didn't say nothin', I agree with everyone that says "there is too many coop servers around!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back