• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Neo Mario Koopa Blast - New In-Progress Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor300

a man denied his homeland
Well, this is a small attempt at making a MKB-styled mod for SRB2, as the name implies.

INFORMATION
This modification will span across 4 Zones, with each including 3 acts.

Zone 1 - Chaotic Overworld
Uh oh, Bowser has taken over the Mushroom Kingdom once agan, and has captured the dear princess! It's up to the player to make it through this Koopa infested world once again!

Zone 2 - Underground 1-2
You have followed Bowser's trail into the underground Pipe system, but there isn't any hope of warping, since Bowser's plugged up all the open pipes. It seems you'll have to do this the old-fashioned way... By going the long run.

Zone 3 - Dusty Desert
Well, it sure is hot out here, but there's no time to lose! Dodge the quicksand and fire in this zone, but beware, Bowser may have laid some traps for you.

Zone 4 - Castle Bowser
Here it is, the final area in this mod. Bowser has set up quite a few traps, and even put in a lava room. There may be a few hidden Elemental Shields to help you in there, though. The final battle takes place at the top of the castle, where you ride on Bowser's missiles to give him a taste of his own medicine!

Checklist
Koopa - Done (Needs much improvement)
Goomba - Done (Eyebrows need to be shorter)
Hammer Bros. - Incomplete
Bomb-Omb - Incomplete
Bowser - Incomplete
Piranha Plant - Incomplete (If possible)

Fire Flower - Done
Koopa Shell - Done

Chaotic Overworld Act 1 - Incomplete
Chaotic Overworld Act 2 - Incomplete
Chaotic Overworld Act 3 - Incomplete

Underground 1-2 Act 1 - Done
Underground 1-2 Act 2 - Incomplete
Underground 1-2 Act 3 - Done

Dusty Desert Act 1 - Done
Dusty Desert Act 2 - Incomplete
Dusty Desert Act 3 - Incomplete

Castle Bowser Act 1 - Incomplete
Castle Bowser Act 2 - Incomplete
Castle Bowser Act 3 - Incomplete

Secret Level - ???

ATTENTION! I am in need of a Mario, Luigi, and Toad Character WAD, if you could get me a good WAD of those three characters, without them being sprite rips, please contact me immediately!

If you would like to be a beta tester, level designer, or SOCcer, please either PM me, or ask in this thread. I will only have up to 9 other people on this project.

Participants in this Mod
1. Scizor300 - Cheif Director of this Mod
2. Azurah - Beta Tester
3. Blahblahbla - Beta Tester and possible Level Designer
4. WEREHOG - Beta Tester
5. Darkbob1713 - Level Designer (Dusty Desert)

Now, for the Screenshots and alpha download.

SCREENSHOTS: http://img51.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=srb20000.png
DOWNLOAD: http://www.sendspace.com/file/el8y67

Note: This mod is in very early stages of developement, this WAD also includes some textures you can mess around with.

Anyways, suggestions are welcome.

If you are in this mod, and you have an IRC client (Such as mIRC), come to #NeoMKB on EsperNet, otherwise, just PM me.

Last edited:
You mentioned this to me in Irc yesterday, and have been wondering when this will have it's topic.

I'll consider those, but I may also need a decent level designer, or a spriter for the Koopas.

I don't like how the blue Goombas have yellow eyes.
The Koopa's head just looks weird to me.

How are you going to prevent the overuse of textures? There really isn't much Mario textures that would look good/fit SRB2's palette.

I could help out with mapping, and I make textures too.
Thanks, what levels would you like to work on?

Are you gonna make a new soundtrack for this number, Scizor?
Since i'm not that good with music, probably not. That's where the internet comes in.

I'll join. Good sprites so far. The levels are diffrent fromk the defalt ones right.
Yes, but they will be in the same style, just more centered around SMB1's style.

Just a quick question:

What exactly is involved in beta testing?
Level and SOC testing

I don't like how the blue Goombas have yellow eyes.
The Koopa's head just looks weird to me.

How are you going to prevent the overuse of textures? There really isn't much Mario textures that would look good/fit SRB2's palette.

1. The Goomba is still being worked on.
2. I'll make my own textures, and i'll see if most of them would look decent in the mod.

Anyways, list updated, and no more Beta testers can join. I do need more enemy SOCers for the Hammer Bro and a spriter for Bowser.

Scizor300 said:
Anyways, list updated

Really? It doesn't appear to be updated. You must have forgotten or something. Anyway, I like the idea of a Mario mod. I might also be able to help with the levels, but you might not want me to because of my bad mapping skills.

EDIT: This is outdated. And thanks, Sciz.

Last edited:
Thanks, what levels would you like to work on?
Hmm, can I do Dusty Desert Zone?

Also, does it need to be in 2d or 3d? Can I use some of the srb2 textures that aren't Mario related but still fit in? Can I freely create my own textures, sprites, socs, etc for use in the map?

EDIT: You spelled Blahblahbal's name wrong. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in for testing. I'll make sure the level design and sprites don't suck. Now Soccing...not sure I can help with that, as I hardly know anything about SOCs.

Update #1

Hmm, can I do Dusty Desert Zone?

Also, does it need to be in 2d or 3d? Can I use some of the srb2 textures that aren't Mario related but still fit in? Can I freely create my own textures, sprites, socs, etc for use in the map?

EDIT: You spelled Blahblahbal's name wrong. :P

1. Sure, you can do DDZ
2. It needs to be in 3D. You may use SRB2's textures. Textures are fine, but what did you have in mind with the SOCs?

Anyways...
UPDATE #1
- Fire Flower finished
- Underground 1-2 started

I'll be posting more screenshots, along with the next version, soon.

Last edited:
Is PMing the only way to give you information, Scizor300, or can I just post my comments right here on the thread?

1. Sure, you can do DDZ
2. It needs to be in 3D. You may use SRB2's textures. Textures are fine, but what did you have in mind with the SOCs?

I currently want to try SOCcing a pokey, but that seems very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back