• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[WIP Screenshots] ReturneRacetrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerio Da Wolf

I can't be destroyed...
Overview:
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=32707

Returneracetrack2.png

This point is where you teleport once you reach the end of the course. Cross the checkered line to start the next lap.

Returneracetrack1.png

Now this part, I've been having trouble with. The sign says it's a dead end, but once you get to that area, you're supposed to warp to the point in the first pic. Unfortunately, I'm not sure why it won't teleport you. I sector tagged it, and put the teleport linedef executor, but no go. And no matter what I try, the walls in that area continue to look glitchy.

Also if you notice, Tails and Knux are hyper yellow. That's cause I also put FuriousFox's SuperMonitor script in my wad, and it looks great. And it looks like it works with any char. so maybe instead of hiding the monitor I'll put em all over the course for total randomness.

Generally, it isn't a good idea to have teleports in a Circuit track. 99 times out of 100, it is better to have the track loop like the official srb2 circuit maps. It also looks like you have some missing textures, and no obstacles.

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Level_Design_101 might help you a bit in getting ideas.

For a more thorough look, I asked Senku's crazy sister, Senya to assist me.

Returneracetrack4.png

I gave up on the teleporting and instead did some underground tunnels that start by launching yourself over the wall into the tunnel entrance.

Returneracetrack3.png

Why so many rings? 4 words: Out of Control Warfare. I want this map to cause pandemonium, no matter what server you're playing it on.

Returneracetrack5.png

Before I decided to turn Returner Race Track into Battle Stadium Returner, I considered winners podiums. I decided to keep the podiums, but here's the kicker: The ring weapons are here in match mode, BUT there is no ammo in the whole level, so you better be quick in grabbing these things or you're outta luck. This raises the random insanity level to Defcon 3.

Returneracetrack6.png

The monitor next to Senya is FuriousFox's creation, The Super Form Monitor. And believe it or not it works with ANY character wad.

Returneracetrack7.png

And these are the underground tunnels I spoke of. Be careful if you hit the gravity monitor there, or else, you could lose 1st place in race mode, but it's also a great way to recoup energy in match mode.

And here are the effects the Super Monitor has on some chars.

supernitemare.png

superrouge.png

supersenku.png

supersenya-1.png

Note that Senya does NOT look different in Super mode. You need to look into this, Senku Niola.

Beta 1 will be here shortly.

Beta 1 will feature the following new music:
Title: Sonic Boom from Sonic CD
Level: Doomsday Zone by ashane, Snappleman and nORG at ocremix.org
Super Sneaks: Revvin' Up by Crush 40
Invincibility: Still Invincible... No Fear! by Crush 40
Super Mode: Bourne to Fly by Jim Johnston

Things to look forward to in Beta 2:

Pillar-mounted turrets that attempt to keep you from getting weapons and supermonitors.
Zoom Tubes.
CTF Red and Blue Bases, with modded flags.

Textures don't fit. Super monitor probably ISN'T a good idea. Senya doesn't need to look different super. There is no point of showing screenshots of other characters super. And as Torgo said earlier: "...And no obstacles.".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back