Sonic Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an okay game. Only thing I hate were the emerald stages- I STILL can't get some of those chaos emeralds. Especially that damn 4th one..
I like how they brought back the Chaotix though. Too bad they were sort of ditched after Shadow.

Many people complain about Sonic Heroes being an awful game. This is not true. Sure, if you compare it to say... Sonic 2, or Sonic 3&K, it's bound to suck, but that's because people rate the bad things rather than the good. They look the most at the puzzles that don't fit a Sonic game. But hey, whenever I'm bored and in the need to just play a game with good speed and boom robots in my sight, Sonic Heroes is a good choice.

I love Sonic Heroes. Many expected it to be Sonic Adventure with chao gardens and exploration and such, but then again it's not trying to be Sonic Adventure. One of the many complaints is the 'annoying' voice acting... which Adventure is also known for but of course that game's exempt from that criticism because it's Sonic Adventure.

Sonic Heroes is a good game, but constantly comparing it to a game with a different setup structure ruined its reputation (and ensures any future non-Adventure games "suck" similarily). It's like comparing Crusader to Syndicate... it's also funny that the Mario series doesn't suffer this same problem with the fans.

For a 3D Sonic game, Sonic Heroes was actually pretty good. What ruined it was the team gimmick, forced character switch points, levels that were way too long (also a problem with Sonic Adventure 2), and the worst special stages ever. What brings down Sonic games in general is too much focus on "plot". So really, what I liked about Sonic Heroes was some of the level design and the complete lack of an overworld. Keeping it simple is the way to go with Sonic games.

Well... I admit it's fun. But I hate the team-based aspect, as Tets stated. The gameplay would be so much more fluent and enjoyable without having to constantly switch the character you're using in a single stage. I mean, take the second level for example. How many times did you have to change characters there? I do believe I lost count around... five? Overall, it's not a bad game... Just needs quite a bit of improvement.

Whats wrong with switching characters? IIRC this game was designed for little kids to play to. When I played this game I was around 8, and the switches helped me choose which character I'm supposed to be. Without it, I would've taken the LOOONG way most of the time.

The stages length are fine, I also LOOVE long stages. It makes the game... "longer" and much more fun to play.

I still love this game. The Teams were OK but I would prefer 1 character. I really want the PC version and the editor because of this. It was nice though. Also. I loved the special stages. They sort of seemed like an update to the Sonic 2 stages. Maybe not for the better but still fun. The only part that was hard in those stages was when they wanted you to be a "fly" character. They're hard to control on the ground.
Also. Something I like to do, when you have the 3 switches needing to be pressed at one time, I just leave the power and speed character on the switches and move forward.

I like this game and beat the game with everyone. The chaos emeralds are the only problem and I just cant get that last one no matter what i do. I dont have the game anymore and if I get it again I might not have the save data again.

I agree that some things were done right (music, simplicity in level progression), however all of the faults completely overrun the pluses. (bad physics, Shadow, forced switch, linearity, longevity in levels, Shadow, monotonousness, Shadow)

It's a decent game. The levels needed to branch off more, rather than just having a small path with different ways of going through it; they also tend to get long and boring. They brought back Shadow, which was a bad idea, and the Special Stages needed a lot of work with the controls. I do love how bright and colorful the levels are, and the music to the levels though. The story is decent, but the voice acting/script needed a lot of work.

Blue Warrior said:
DarthJunior said:
Blue Warrior said:
It was the computer room.

What about those Discs?

...Bomberman Hero?

I'm not sure if that's a reference to Sonic Heroes since I really only rented the game once.
It's another reference to Shadow. In the Prison Island stage, Charmy asks him to find five top-secret discs.

xxZeroxx said:
The gameplay would be so much more fluent and enjoyable without having to constantly switch the character you're using in a single stage. I mean, take the second level for example. How many times did you have to change characters there? I do believe I lost count around... five?

Not really, I can beat the stage using Sonic only, it's hard at the first time but then it gets easier. By the way, this game was great, I just need to finish 3 chaotix's second missions to have all-A rank, I don't think anyone can like a Sonic game if he's bad playing it. Since I'm an expert, I love it.

The All-A reward kinda sucks Sonnarkku. It's a Team Sonic run of the game with an assload of extra difficulty.

Jellybones69 said:
It was an okay game. Only thing I hate were the emerald stages- I STILL can't get some of those chaos emeralds.
My opinions in a nutshell.
Also, I am still stuck on getting the LAST emerald, I don't know how many times I've tried to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back