ShufflarB2 (Bigass mod), Final Version (56k die)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I'm not as good as relesing topics about characters and Mods but if I can get any help then anyone is welcome to join my team. By the way everyone is just insulting me about my topics they Don't understand its my first month being here! *sigh* I'm gonna have to leave the fourms.

Wow....2000 KB, thats pretty big. By the screen-shots, there must have been alot of work put into this. I can't say that I can test it out today...but I'll download it and take a test spin within the stages...maybe share it with my brothers if they're interested. And once I try everything, I'll return with my opinion(s) about it. For now, great job and I'm sure everyone that helped out in this is glad to see people trying it. I hope that you can continue to create more...maybe I'll be interested in checking one or two out.

Vash said:
GCFreak said:
Wild_One said:
Wow....2000 KB, thats pretty big.

2000KB = 2MB. That's only big if you have a dial-up connection. =P
Uh, no it doesn't.

2048 KB = 2 MB, 2000 KB = under 2 MB, IIRC

2000KB is 2MB when using the hard disk measurements, and yeah, 48KB difference, REAL BIG. (I indeed knew that 2048KB is 2MB)

Why does this always have to happen to me....people correct me over something so small and then it goes on later...and then they bite my head off for biting their heads off...*shrugs*

nevermind about that...I'd have to give this mod a 9/10...I can't give everything a perfect score. Although I would...just the one problem is the lags I'd get from playing this mod; even when I'm on it alone. It tends to cause my laptop to lock up in the middle of it. I'm not saying that could be a problem...just maybe something to look into. Overall, the game modes are smart and new places are fun and creative.

Im am very dissapointed in this. I lost one of my levels testing my wad and it always freezes everytime I make a sharp turn on any level I play.

What do like is the ripple water and that flamethrower on that race level.

How did you get that to work?

Erm, progress? Right. I guess I forgot to mention that RC2 is more or less "done".
It's been a fun ride, but this is gonna be the last version of ShufRB2, officially. I may feel like picking it up eventually, but at this point, nothing's going to change.
There's a few reasons for this..
One, I'm a little tired of the mod. I got it done, and I got something working and *somewhat* polished out the door.
Two, I'm done with SRB2, for the most part.
Three, Alam tends to keep my code up-to-date with the other branches, which just introduces more and more bugs. If I were to update my code and work some more on it, the bugs listed in this topic would be gone, but there would be a whole new slew of bugs to worry about.

As for the water ripples and flamethrowers..
The water ripples are something that were appended from 1.1, I didn't make those.
The flamethrowers are done by changing the angle of the flamethrower object over time, then shooting flame objects from said angle. Or in lamens terms, it's hardcoded magic.

Nice work Shuffle. I can't wait until this finished. This seems like it's complete with all the screen shots and all. Anyways I look foward to this MOD. AWESOME!

Triangle Trumper said:
GCFreak said:
Wild_One said:
Wow....2000 KB, thats pretty big.

2000KB = 2MB. That's only big if you have a dial-up connection. =P

It's 2.3MB now.

200KB isn't 2MB..

Yay, now I can go all nerd!

1024 B = 1 KB

1024 KB = 1 MB

1024 MB = 1 GB

1024GB = 1 TB

For those who don't know:

B= Byte
KB= Kilobyte
MB= Megabyte
TB = Terabyte.

So, 2000Kb is 1.953125mb!

Most computers will say either 1.9MB or 2MB though..

Anyways, this mod rocks!

Ring collection mode sounds really promising, if only I managed to play netgames on exe mods though..

Shuffle said:
Erm, progress? Right. I guess I forgot to mention that RC2 is more or less "done".
It's been a fun ride, but this is gonna be the last version of ShufRB2, officially. I may feel like picking it up eventually, but at this point, nothing's going to change.
There's a few reasons for this..
One, I'm a little tired of the mod. I got it done, and I got something working and *somewhat* polished out the door.
Two, I'm done with SRB2, for the most part.
Three, Alam tends to keep my code up-to-date with the other branches, which just introduces more and more bugs. If I were to update my code and work some more on it, the bugs listed in this topic would be gone, but there would be a whole new slew of bugs to worry about.
SparkTheHedgehog said:
Nice work Shuffle. I can't wait until this finished. This seems like it's complete with all the screen shots and all. Anyways I look foward to this MOD. AWESOME!
Tell me, how are you using a messageboard if you can't read, SparkTheHedgehog?

Also "mod" isn't capitalised, as in this context it's just an abbreviation for "modification", rather than an acronym or filetype.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Uh, you DO know it's out, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back