Need help fixing my WAD.Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDSunshine

Is a Cyan Sonic in SRB2
I'm back again, and i am making a new wad.
It is...
Giygas!
Y'now, from earthbound?

Ok, i guess you don't.
But anyway, ive been using Slumped to make this one.
I finished today, but when i put it on, everything goes OK, it says
Added skin "giygas" ,

as usual, but when i get to checrector select, and scroll to giygas, it says
SIGNAL HANDLER; SEGMENT VIOLATION.

Here is objectcfc.
Is anything wrong?

[spoiler:dd44a9459d]
# Nintendo
# Credits:
# ---
# ---
# ---
# ---

CHARACTER 3
PLAYERNAME = Giygas
MENUPOSITION = 80
PICNAME = GIYGCHAR
SKINNAME = GIYGAS
STATUS = 32
PLAYERTEXT = Slow
Float
You cannot
grasp the true
form of
Giygas's Attack!
[/spoiler:dd44a9459d]

It's supposed to be named Objectcfg, not Objectcfc.

EDIT: You're also supposed to leave spaces for the texts "Speed:", "Ability:" and "Notes:" in the PlayerText section.

Monster Iestyn said:
You're also supposed to leave spaces for the texts "Speed:", "Ability:" and "Notes:" in the PlayerText section.

i did that, thats just what the forum does.
EDIT: It still says it.

TDSunshine said:
Monster Iestyn said:
You're also supposed to leave spaces for the texts "Speed:", "Ability:" and "Notes:" in the PlayerText section.

My mistake... It's meant to be named OBJCTCFG. I should have remembered that the lumps in a WAD can't have more than 8 letters in the name. D=

Sorry about that. I think it should work now.

Monster Iestyn said:
TDSunshine said:
Monster Iestyn said:

My mistake... It's meant to be named OBJCTCFG. I should have remembered that the lumps in a WAD can't have more than 8 letters in the name. D=

Sorry about that. I think it should work now.

nope, it still says the same thing on cherector select.
Signal Handler
Segment Violation.

Monster Iestyn said:
Did you remember to name the Character Select pic GIYGCHAR?

Hold on ill check...
Yeah.
i STILL DON'T GET WHATS WRONG!!!!!
(PS:lots of quotes!)
I could send it to yu via PM and you could check it on WXE or Slumped.

TDSunshine said:
Monster Iestyn said:
Did you remember to name the Character Select pic GIYGCHAR?

Hold on ill check...
Yeah.
i STILL DON'T GET WHATS WRONG!!!!!
(PS:lots of quotes!)
I could send it to yu via PM and you could check it on WXE or Slumped.

D=

I'll have to check it through PM in that case. I can't figure out what's wrong with it from just looking at the Objectcfg in your post.

Ok, i sent it to you.
send it back when you fix it, or you can tell me what to do.
WAIT.
maybe you should set auto capitalize to off.

I think I might know the problem now... your Character Pic, Life Icon and the Name pic are all PNGs. They should be IMAGEs, not PNGs.

I see that all of the character sprites have been set to have an offset of 0, 0 (I'm not really sure if this will cause any problems though). Also, the last two sets of sprites have capital 'A's and 'B's instead of lowercase 'a's and 'b's.

Uhhh, it's the menuposition. I checked it and you don't need it there. Turn it off, if fact, delete it and see if that works.
Also, I've just noticed it's Character 3. Put it to Character 4, I think 3 is used up by the remnents of Zim.

Monster Iestyn said:
I think I might know the problem now... your Character Pic, Life Icon and the Name pic are all PNGs. They should be IMAGEs, not PNGs.

I see that all of the character sprites have been set to have an offset of 0, 0 (I'm not really sure if this will cause any problems though). Also, the last two sets of sprites have capital 'A's and 'B's instead of lowercase 'a's and 'b's.

how do i change them to PNGS?

and how do i change them to lowercase on SLUMPED?
can you do it and send it to me?

EDIT: if you do, put your name in the credits.

EDIT2:WAIT< i just made them Imeges and changed it to lowercase, but it still says the same thing.

BUMP

Hello? Is anyone here?

Sorry about the double post.
It still says the SAME THING>
*pulls hair out*

Violo said:
Uhhh, it's the menuposition. I checked it and you don't need it there. Turn it off, if fact, delete it and see if that works.
Also, I've just noticed it's Character 3. Put it to Character 4, I think 3 is used up by the remnents of Zim.

I doubt the menuposition is the thing causing the problem. It may not be needed anymore, but it's not buggy or anything like that, as far as I know. My old Mighty wad had a menuposition for the OBJCTCFG, and yet it still worked just fine in Character Select.

There are still remnents of Zim about in 1.09.4? o_O I didn't know that.

And TDSunshine, I think you should have saved your images as BMPs before you loaded them to SLUMPED. Changing the PNGs into IMAGEs in SLUMPED probably won't help.

Monster Iestyn said:
Of course you didn't know it, because it's incorrect. There are no remnants of Zim left over in 1.09.4. At all. Of course, there were features that only he used (like the Taunt key, etc) that are still around, but that's about it.

Monster Iestyn said:
Violo said:

I doubt the menuposition is the thing causing the problem. It may not be needed anymore, but it's not buggy or anything like that, as far as I know. My old Mighty wad had a menuposition for the OBJCTCFG, and yet it still worked just fine in Character Select.

And TDSunshine, I think you should have saved your images as BMPs before you loaded them to SLUMPED. Changing the PNGs into IMAGEs in SLUMPED probably won't help.

I changed the pics into PNGs, but it still says the same thing.

Did you say that it doesn't SIGSEGV until you scroll down to him in Select? That could be a problem with your select screen picture.

fawfulfan said:
Did you say that it doesn't SIGSEGV until you scroll down to him in Select? That could be a problem with your select screen picture.

I think so,
when i go to Giygas on the charctor select it says Signal Handler segment violation. Should i change the select Pic?

EDIT: I changed the Pic to this

GIYGCHAR.jpg

this is the life icon
GIYGLIFE.jpg

this is the name
GIYGNAME.jpg

and this is the only frame.
alltheframes.jpg

whats wrong?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back