About SRB2.org's downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a bit off topic, but I can't think of another way of posing this question.
What is the Status Bar, and what is significant about it being broken?

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
It used to say one of two things:

The Master Server is Online

It was nearly useless, however, as browsers (such as my own) didn't refresh the image properly to convey the actual status of the master server.

I'm guessing that is why it says "The Status Bar Is Broken" and it has a picture of sonic with boxers on his head.

Blue Warrior said:
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
It used to say one of two things:

The Master Server is Online

It was nearly useless, however, as browsers (such as my own) didn't refresh the image properly to convey the actual status of the master server.

Actually I changed it, so unless your browser sucks and couldn't detect changes to download, it worked perfectly. Worked fine for me, but I was using a browser that actually works. ;)

We're back.

Tsk tsk, I've been a bad boy and bumped this thread.

Data Centre owner has given us a new set of IPs, the previous set were on his ISP's range, these are his own. Downtime is expected during this time, but we'll try to keep the old IPs up for a day or two to give you guys time to let your DNS do its work and let the new IPs come through for ns1.srb2.org and ns2.srb2.org. In the meantime, yeah, downtime expected, so don't go ape on us, these operations are delicate.

This has probably already been asked, but when will the site have updates for characters and levels again?

You know, that is good question. We do have a back log of Contest winners that didn't get put up on the site don't we?

yea, I messed up on the ip setup, the server should come back up on restart... I hope...

LoganA said:
yea, I messed up on the ip setup, the server should come back up on restart... I hope...

O.K., server is back up, I'm going to lower the TTL on the DNS records to 100 secs, ask SSNTails to change the NS record of the srb2.org domain to the new IP of the server, change the IP address in the dns records, then put them back up to 14400 sec (4 hour for you guys that can't do basic math). Then I can give back the old IP address.

Possible, extremely short downtime due to changing our connection from 10Mbps unmetered back to 100Mbps capped at 1.5tb, shouldn't take long though, 10 minutes possibly?

Going to have some downtime between 8:30PM CST and 10PM CST on Saturday February 21st to let the hosting provider install a remote boot port and turn back on the UPS system.

Edit: my bad, it's the 21st, not the 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back