[Open Assets] Super Colors V3.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
[Introducing V3 of the Super Colors script]
And now 3.1

In this simple, 300+ line script, you are presented with one command: superset.

The superset command allows you to chose from predetermined sets of colors for when you turn super.

Typing 'superset' or 'superset help' will list all available sets. The sets are also listed below, and in more detail.

The command is used as follows:

'superset <set>'

where 'set' is one of the available Super Sets.

These are the available Super Sets:

• Sonic - The normal super colors used by Sonic
  • Tails - The normal super colors used by Tails
  • Knuckles - The normal super colors used by Knuckles
  • Ray - A Super Set themed after the super colors of Ray, from a suggestion
  • Red - A red-themed Super Set; Uses Peach, Pink, Red, and Dark Red skin colors
  • Orange - An orange-themed Super Set; Uses Tan, Orange, Rosewood, Beige, and Brown skin colors
  • Yellow - A yellow-themed Super Set; Uses Gold, Yellow, and Olive skin colors
  • Green - A green-themed Super Set; Uses Zim, Green, and Neon Green skin colors
  • Blue - A blue-themed Super Set; Uses Cyan, Steel Blue, Teal, and Blue skin colors
  • Amber - An orange-centered Super Set; Uses Red, Rosewood, Orange, Gold, and Yellow skin colors
  • Teal - A teal-centered Super Set; Uses Neon Green, Green, Teal, Steel Blue, and Blue skin colors
  • Violet - A purple-centered Super Set; Uses Red, Lavender, Purple, Steel Blue, and Blue skin colors
  • Hyper - A rainbow-themed Super Set; Uses Red, Orange, Yellow, Neon Green, and Teal skin colors
  • Rosewood - A brown themed Super Set; Uses Rosewood, Brown, Beige, and Grey skin colors
  • BlackAndWhite - A monochrome-themed Super Set; Uses White, Silver, Grey, and Black skin colors
  • America - A 4th of July themed Super Set; Uses Red, Pink, White, Teal, Blue, and Purple skin colors

If this script is to be used with any characters that have their own super colors, and you want those colors to be changed, then make sure this script is added after the character.

Characters that have a special way of using their super colors are unsupported for Super Sets that use anything other five colors.

There is also a brief explanation of this script that you can read when the script is added.

V1.0 - Initial release

V2.0 - Fixed Yellow and Green Super Sets taking effect without being super.
Renamed Rainbow to Hyper
Added Amber and Teal Super Sets

V3.0 - Added Ray and America Super Sets

V3.1 - Extended the America Super Set, for a better appearance
Added Rosewood Super Set

Attachments

• srb20000.jpg
    srb20000.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 1,232
  • srb20001.jpg
    srb20001.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1,104
  • srb20002.jpg
    srb20002.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 975
  • srb20003.jpg
    srb20003.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 838
  • srb20004.jpg
    srb20004.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 875
  • srb20005.jpg
    srb20005.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 865
  • srb20006.jpg
    srb20006.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 846
  • srb20007.jpg
    srb20007.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 858
  • srb20008.jpg
    srb20008.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 881
  • srb20009.jpg
    srb20009.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 867
  • SuperColors.lua
    20 KB · Views: 882
Last edited:
I'll eventually be adding new color sets to the script. I've got a few in mind, but if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them.

V2.0 Released!

V2.0 is now released! I've fixed some problems with the Yellow and Green Super Sets, renamed Rainbow to Hyper, and added the Amber and Teal Super Sets.

If anyone has any suggestions for new Super Sets, or any bugs, please post them here!

I'm surprised that the custom Mania Plus mod ray super set isn't added.

For info, it's yellow, that fades to green and then blue.

I have a suggestion.

Maybe add a rosewood themed Super form? It'd work like this colorblink here:

colorblink 4-1 15-2 17-3 16-4 3-5 16-4 17-3 15-2, ala a smoother super form varient of the orange, not including Orange itself.

V3 of the Super Colors script has been released!

I've added the suggested Ray set alongside a new 4th of July themed set

(I'd have added the rosewood set too, but I'm not familiar with colorblink, if someone can provide me with a set of skin colors, I'll add it)

As before, if someone suggests a set, I'll probably add it at some point.

Please notify me of any bugs you find, and I'll see if I remember lua enough fix it.

V3 of the Super Colors script has been released!

I've added the suggested Ray set alongside a new 4th of July themed set

(I'd have added the rosewood set too, but I'm not familiar with colorblink, if someone can provide me with a set of skin colors, I'll add it)

As before, if someone suggests a set, I'll probably add it at some point.

Please notify me of any bugs you find, and I'll see if I remember lua enough fix it.

It would be the skin colors of
black, rosewood, brown, beige, and gray, then reverse back to black.

It would be the skin colors of
black, rosewood, brown, beige, and gray, then reverse back to black.

V3.1 is now out!

The script was being stubborn and wouldn't work with the number of colors being used, so I removed black from the set so it would work, but now the Rosewood set has been added!

I also changed the 4th of July set, so now it uses more colors, making it look nicer.

Alright, so I've noticed.

Superset blue looks a bit... weird. Here's a gif showing it with FSonic:
251deb47-a436-11e9-9d74-f9699e7c1cc5.gif

Notice anything? No? Let me tell you.

It goes too SLOW. Plus, due to the slowness, it looks strange. I get you have a limited resource of colors to work with but without a top color, it looks like it abruptly stops... it looks unfinished.

Here's a colorblink I set up, simply adding white and having it glow like SRB2's vanilla super forms:
aa338ab8-a436-11e9-8cf9-f9699e7c1cc5.gif

I set the colorblink so that blue, the main color of the superset, would remain for 4 tics, and then have the steel blue, teal, cyan and white (a new addition to make it smoother) to go for 2 tics each, of course looping back to blue.

See if you can mimic the example above with blue.

Alright, so I've noticed.

Superset blue looks a bit... weird. Here's a gif showing it with FSonic:
251deb47-a436-11e9-9d74-f9699e7c1cc5.gif

Notice anything? No? Let me tell you.

It goes too SLOW. Plus, due to the slowness, it looks strange. I get you have a limited resource of colors to work with but without a top color, it looks like it abruptly stops... it looks unfinished.

Here's a colorblink I set up, simply adding white and having it glow like SRB2's vanilla super forms:
aa338ab8-a436-11e9-8cf9-f9699e7c1cc5.gif

I set the colorblink so that blue, the main color of the superset, would remain for 4 tics, and then have the steel blue, teal, cyan and white (a new addition to make it smoother) to go for 2 tics each, of course looping back to blue.

See if you can mimic the example above with blue.

I think I managed to make it a bit faster, and I added white while removing steel blue (imo, it looks like it may be better). Even so, I don't think it's as fast as the second gif, more of an in-between.

I'm not actually sure of the tic values, but if the variables in the script are tick numbers, then the original version had cyan and blue at 4 ticks, with the rest at 2, which I've now reduced to 3 and 1, respectively (I hope), with white being the top color (If that makes sense). It does look a little faster.

I'll update the script here after I add a couple more sets, whenever I think of them.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'll try to get them into the next update! (Unless I get any better at lua and figure out why it doesn't like having more colors, please try to restrict sets to 3 or 4 unique colors)

I think I managed to make it a bit faster, and I added white while removing steel blue (imo, it looks like it may be better). Even so, I don't think it's as fast as the second gif, more of an in-between.

I'm not actually sure of the tic values, but if the variables in the script are tick numbers, then the original version had cyan and blue at 4 ticks, with the rest at 2, which I've now reduced to 3 and 1, respectively (I hope), with white being the top color (If that makes sense). It does look a little faster.

I'll update the script here after I add a couple more sets, whenever I think of them.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'll try to get them into the next update! (Unless I get any better at lua and figure out why it doesn't like having more colors, please try to restrict sets to 3 or 4 unique colors)

...so that's why a lot of them look so... odd. Also, I've tested a quickly built colorblink that acts like what I made in the example, but without steel blue. Honestly it looks...

...BLAND

It really looks better with Steel Blue in my opinion, because it maximizes the overall smoothness. And by the way, I really suggest doing this:

Blue for 4 ticks
Steel Blue for 2 ticks
Teal for 2 ticks
Cyan for 2 ticks
White for 2 ticks
Reverse
(ticks = the frames in a second for the game is 35 tics, so if it were 1 tic it would change every frame.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back