custom char super forms

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that confuses me is that STJr gives us the ability to make a custom character how we want, but then they complain "If you make an overpowered wad (sure I can see the problem here) it wont be allowed on the releases", but then people can just throw it on the MS where it'd just spread. Also you are limited to 1 air ability and the option to either spin or not spin/have a taller hitbox. So that's not much to work with at the moment. I can see why people might want super for many reasons.

1. Characters are already limited enough and don't have much that can make them truely special (Take slowfall for example) Sonic has super sure, but it'd be nice if customs had some sort of extra little thing.

2. Emeralds are practically pointless in coop/SP for one thing, once you get all the emeralds practically everyone goes Sonic JUST to go super and make good use of them. I mean it gets boring just seeing a Super Sonic being the only one running around all over. For singleplayer sure Sonic is suppose to go super and that gives him replayability, the least custom characters could do is be able to get saves in normal SRB2 but not have access to unlocking unlockables.

Can't think of anything more right now, mind is wandering.

Last edited:
See that's the kind of thing im talking about Senku, It just seems like over controlling user generated content. But maybe that's just how SRB2 is meant to be, it seems like it kills re playability but that's just my opinion.

See that's the kind of thing im talking about Senku, It just seems like over controlling user generated content. But maybe that's just how SRB2 is meant to be, it seems like it kills re playability but that's just my opinion.

Replayability =/= Going OP and removing all playability.

Super Sonic is like "Okay, cool, I unlocked this", you play it for a bit or use it to make Eggrock less painless the first time though, maybe use it for emblem hunting and never touch the emeralds again. It just removes all challenge from the game, and while it's fun at first, it gets real old real quick, especially in 1.09 where it DID get old, and thus it got taken out of 2.0.

Last edited:
Well, being able to go Super with custom characters can be something to ponder, and would be kinda fun, but it's more of a gimmick in way. And the game isn't even completed 100% yet. So getting all panicy about custom characters not being able to go super isn't too important at the moment. But I think characters other than Sonic should be able to go super in Match. Even if the Super Emeralds where made just to cover up a "excess emerald problem", and even if Tails and Knuckles only went super or hyper due to popularity, it still happened in a sonic game. And in a Genesis game at that. Lastly, this is a fan game, so you don't have to be so exact with the storyline. But too much variation from the storyline, and the good feeling that this is very close to old school Sega quality would be lost. Pick your poison.

Last edited:
Yes, If they have them. (See Kote and Hinote 1.1)
If not, They will just turn yellow and run around with sparks. (See Tails and Knux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back