• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Skyward City (Match level)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the console, type "bind (key) screenshot," where (key) is the key you want to use, if 0 is the key you want, then type "bind 0 screenshot."

If you two are going to even attempt the best wad in history, good luck, because you will need to do some serious practising in level designing. Seriously, the level was not really that good to be honest with you. Reasons why are the sector layout is flat & bland and almost have no sector scenery e.g. the flowers floor tile on any of the layout. The texture usage was horrible in a few parts e.g. the cars, there is no escape routes from the water, I kept drowning as Sonic because I couldn't find a way out, not good, and with some of the design, this could turn into a RP/Hangout map if you are not careful with the design. The only good thing about it was small exploration. Also there are almost hardly any ring at all, not even enough to have a proper match game. Also take your time with your wads, don't rush them and release them because that's when the real critisism mainly kicks in even though critisism is given to all wads.

Rating: 2/10 needs serious edits, or redesign if it's going to be any good.

Ok, all that homework pulled me off and I'm just resuming CPU again.

*downloads update*
I'll see if I can finish all the grass edges.

Edit: You might not have me to make any major updates for a while because I need to finish my Single Player, Race, and Match map. I also still need to finish my 2DWorldAdventure.wad's first version before I can get to the wad, so if you mind, can you please get someone elce to take my place for a while?

Edit 2: Here is my upgrade with all the grass edges.
V. 0.0.2.1(ALPHA)
Donovan The Hedgehog said:
This is a alpha. I will relece the version with the improved stuff in version 0.0.3. Because I only got 20 minutes to work on it, you will not see that minor updates. Untill then, someone please take my spot. Please adknore the version number.
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/419skywardcity0.4.wad

Sorry for the bump but version 0.6Remake is here!
Feautures:
Cloulds
Gravity Water
Rings Spread (125 rings in lvl)
New Images
And loads more to discover!

Umm, Can someone make a car so I can add it? =/
Well, A hint is that it takes longer to download. =D

SPOILER
srb20036.png

http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/303skyward0.6.wad

Wow, I wasn't expecting this. That is a great edit done there, although there are still a few flaws.

. You missed out a few linedefs that need grass edges on them.
. The stage lags in some parts because the stage is so big, and a lot of stuff crammed in a certain area.
.The midair floating gimmick was quite frustrating in the water as I spent a while trying to find a surface I can only just get to >.>
. Some parts are pretty flat & bland.
.The fountain looks weird, as the water is just in the air. Thry to make it something like Castle eggman act 2's fountains.

Other from that, an good improvement, just need to fix them annoying parts. 6/10

wow this is ALOT better then the 0.1 version i posted a while back. if its ok with you donovan (because you helped make the water, therefor in a wierd sorta way, you own the water XD) if i could add a few fans on the water or on a sector rising out of the water, it gets annoying bouncing around looking for land, and if a fan was added the player could rise high enough to escape it. EDIT: but nice job with the gravity water anyways :P (sorry forgot to metion that XD)

EDIT X 2: oh and when i add the wad the title background goes out of control XD
Edit X 2.5: Never mind, i know how you did that XD.

FIXED THE FOUNTAIN TO BE MORE REALISTIC: http://www.mediafire.com/?vytnowvmyyh

lol halloween was yesterday for me - OFF TOPIC

ya, i was also thinking of putting springs on some of them so you can get to each other if it got too hard to make a bouncy floor over floor (if thats what i should use to make them, i havent used that sector type yet)

Slippery Floor (like ice) might be better, so people playing tag cant hide out on clouds (not even tails or knuckles) Bouncy might not do much, because it's easier to balance, and unless you have a rail ring you can't really shoot people you see bouncing on clouds.

-really wierd idea- im thinking about adding an underground network, like pipes or holes that lead somewhere, then the steam that blows the character upwards will be at each entrance. | S = SONIC || ST = STEAM|
|PERIOD = BLANK SPACE INSIDE PIPE | COMMA = DIRT|

S
____ ..........._____ ___ ___ ..........____
,,,,,,,,|...........|,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|.........|
,,,,,,,,|...........|,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,|.........|
,,,,,,,,|............|_________/........ |
,,,,,,,, \.....ST.........................ST..../
,,,,,,,,,,\......................................./
,,,,,,,,,,,\__________________/

-STUPID IDEA-
Ive trashed this. It may have worked out because it seemed pretty... useless.

no like mario pipes almost. you go down one and theres a small area where you can run around, then theres a bunch of steam blowing out of a part of the ground, you stand on it, and your launched into the air.

-MY INTERNET IS HAVING POSTING GLITCHES-

-Edit :( -
I just tested the wad again, last time it didnt do this but, it had the segment violation windows error pop up. I would much like it if someone
could fix this, i have no knowledge on this major wound.

Wow, i havent seen this topic in quiet a while.

Anyways, i updated it:

THERE WAS A BIG ERROR WHEN RUNNING, READ PAGE ONE FOR DETAILS OR LOOK UP.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7871168bacda7bc891b20cc0d07ba4d2cdc810b8938f5d0a

It seems to me that i have finished except for a few other things you people might want to suggest. Im moving on to make a much better, more detailed area 2 of sky high gardens. Its been great working on this wad, lots of practice. And i thank you donovan for helping me, without you i would still be... -looks behind shoulder at skyward city BETA 0.1- -shivers- back there. : P

BTW, If anyone could get me a few screenies id be happy, im sorta busy right now. Or perhaps im tired out. Or perhaps its been 20 years since i posted this and im dead on a floor cause someone punched me. Or perh- -shot-

Im busy planning area 2. And if im not busy planning it i must have forggoten.

Suggestions for area 2?
Please tell me, and ill see what i can do.

Have a nice day! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back