Suggestions

Crouch was useful for moving the camera up and down, but yeah, not in SRB2 - in 3D you can do that yourself with mouselook.

I think the speed of strafing should lower in proportion to how fast the player is currently going. EG: the faster you go forward, the less fast you can go sideways. This would make the speedier characters much easier to control in the wasd+mouse setup, as an accidental knick of the a/d keys wont send you 90 degrees to the left or right. I don't know much about how Doom's movement code works, but I think it would probably be easy-ish to implement, and wouldn't affect the overall feel of that control scheme.

Oh yeah, it'd also make Sonic a much better option for beginners, since most people play with a mouse because they don't have a controller and/or don't notice the arrow key and analog controls, and most if not all beginners would likely choose Sonic on their first bloody playthrough thinking, "Oh he can't be THAT hard to handle..." and then they play through GFZ and half of THZ before calling this game's controls shite.

(Also, If analog allowed mouse camera movement, then I would die in the metaphorical "Oh my god, this is bloody brilliant!" way kthxbai)

Since my brother and I love playing on splitscreen for some games, why not splitscreen for online mode? It doesn't have to be the main focus on a patch or anything.

Sounds like it'd be a cool idea if you ask me. I think there's even some traces in the source code of what appears to be support for playing with splitscreen online? But if that's so, then it might have been a feature we removed a long time back.

Maybe some older dev knows more about that than I do, perhaps.

Last edited:
Adding more ring weapons that are character specific and resemble the character themselves and a random weapon panel

How about more options on Custom Exit Linedef effect, Solid Midtexture flag should enable custom player start position for the specified map, So we don't have to duplicate maps for just different player start locations.

Sounds like it'd be a cool idea if you ask me. I think there's even some traces in the source code of what appears to be support for playing with splitscreen online? But if that's so, then it might have been a feature we removed a long time back.

Maybe some older dev knows more about that than I do, perhaps.

I do remember being able to do splitscreen online at least in 1.04, but I think it was removed sometime in 1.08 or 1.09. I can't remember exactly why, though. It was probably causing problems in netgames somehow. I do remember that SPLITSCREEN used to be a console variable, which allowed you to turn splitscreen on or off whenever you wanted.

Last edited:
How about a "base" gamemode and the ability to use a hook, function or something to add a new gamemode in the list of available gamemodes when hosting a server? Maybe also a custom options menu for this gamemode?

With "base" I mean something like what GMod gives modders to create their own gamemode: Some sort of empty gamemode with no interactions built-in.

Custom gamemode items in the host game screen could allow modders to, well, add their own gamemode in the screen without having to add a console variable or command that toggles it in Match. People browsing the master server in-game could also know the current gamemode in a modded game if the server were to report gamemodes as a string.

With custom options menu I mean something like a "server settings" menu but readily available for custom gamemodes or otherwise (maybe something like "custom settings"?) so hosts are able to make cvars modifeable via a menu rather than typing in the console everytime.
Maybe even allow modders to add their own menu screens that can be opened somehow, be it console commands or a custom menu item?

I'm not really sure how complex is some of the stuff I wrote here, but I'm assuming it is not simple.

How about a "base" gamemode and the ability to use a hook, function or something to add a new gamemode in the list of available gamemodes when hosting a server? Maybe also a custom options menu for this gamemode?

With "base" I mean something like what GMod gives modders to create their own gamemode: Some sort of empty gamemode with no interactions built-in.

-Snip to not fill too much of the page-
So... You mean the level type Custom? It already exists... though, I do have to say, I don't know how it actually works (without any custom modifications to it). And it doesn't have all that menu stuff you also suggested, but it's definitely already here, just not used a lot.

I was thinking about something that isn't just "Custom", because there are hosts that stack modded gamemodes and like to cycle between the games every other time. Something like a hook that adds a gamemode in the host menu, then you link maps with a level header or something.

Custom by itself does nothing. I think it exists just for the script to check if in the map type "Custom" is in there, just like Lua headers.

(I wanted to quote your post but being on mobile is a nightmare.)

I was thinking about something that isn't just "Custom", because there are hosts that stack modded gamemodes and like to cycle between the games every other time. Something like a hook that adds a gamemode in the host menu, then you link maps with a level header or something. -Snip-
Yes. I mentioned "And it doesn't have all that menu stuff you also suggested" in a direct reference to your suggestion of that menu stuff and that that menu stuff isn't (currently) available for "Custom".

-Snip- Custom by itself does nothing. I think it exists just for the script to check if in the map type "Custom" is in there, just like Lua headers.
...Yes... That's... what you meant with the following (which I replied to), isn't it?
How about a "base" gamemode -Snip- With "base" I mean something like what GMod gives modders to create their own gamemode: Some sort of empty gamemode with no interactions built-in.

I didn't realize I was repeating myself, heh. Sorry about that.

-Snip- Custom by itself does nothing. I think it exists just for the script to check if in the map type "Custom" is in there, just like Lua headers.
...Yes... That's... what you meant with the following (which I replied to), isn't it?
How about a "base" gamemode -Snip- With "base" I mean something like what GMod gives modders to create their own gamemode: Some sort of empty gamemode with no interactions built-in.
If I wrote these like "Custom gametype currently does nothing" and "Base gametype thingy" as two separate things, then I think I did.

New idea

New idea:
I think analog control should have the camera lock onto the boss you are fighting like in Sonic Adventure.

I personally HATE fighting any boss like this! Just to put it in Perspective, My record time on Green flower zone act 3 is 30 Seconds with Sonic and With analog control off, but playing act 2 is a chore with analog control off. At least for me, that is.

But with analog control on, the rules are reversed. Please fix this by making the camera focused on the boss in the room at all times for analog control.

How will that work for stages with multiple bosses or bosses nearby in a different room from the player?

For stages with Multiple bosses, The Rotate Camera R and Rotate Camera L (by default, the keys are "]" and "[" respectively) would make the camera snap to focus on another boss, kind of like how you can press the Z button to cycle through multiple enemies with Z Targeting in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. (or The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.)

As for bosses nearby or in a different room, or even for multiplayer, if the boss isn't targeting the player, the camera isn't focused on the boss

Few Multiplayer suggestions :

• Add a Server variable to turn afk players to spectators after a specified number of seconds, "afk2spec <seconds>" or something like it.
  • Allow us to set number of players required to exit level, currently it's just one or all.
EDIT : And if the "playersforexit" value is higher than current amount of players, The game should automatically consider it "all" .

Spectators of course shouldn't be counted, playersforexit should only require players ingame.

Last edited:
I Agree, I find that Boss harder than Brak Eggman.

THANK GOD!!! I thought I was the only one!

Anyways, the boss is like if I gave you a multiple choice question, but I also white out the answer choices and leave the letters there.

Example:
Two trains, Train A, and Train B, simultaneously depart Station A and Station B. Station A, and Station B are 252.5 miles apart from each other. Train A is moving at 124.7mph towards Station B, and Train B is moving at 253.5mph towards Station A. If both trains departed at 10:00 AM and it is now 10:08, how much longer until both trains pass each other?
(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)

See what I mean? You have to resort to guessing. Let me ask you this, Sonic Team Jr, Have you ever tried guessing every answer on a 10 question multiple choice quiz?
Exactly.
Well, let's look into that. Guessing on a multiple choice question (assuming that the question has 4 different answers) wields a 25% chance of getting the answer right, and a 75% Chance of getting the answer wrong. Now already the odds aren't in your favor, But - oh no - we're not done yet. That times 10 leaves you with a measly 0.00009536743% chance of getting an A-plus. And that decimal is an irrational number, which "Irrational" is a good word to describe this boss WHOOPS DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD!?!?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back