Any of you miss the Chao Garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chao Garden has more depth than most think, but it would be better if it was not part of a Sonic game.

And the main programmer of the Chao Garden(also the director of Sonic Unleashed) left SEGA, so it probably isn't coming back. The best you can hope for is some kind of XBLA for Chao Races(and that is rather unlikely, since you don't have any control over the chao at all, save for Stamina in SA2).

I have a whole 'nother forum which is dedicated to chao. You'd be surprised. Personally, I don't play it that much anymore, but I do enjoy using it from time to time.

Not so much the Chao Garden, but the Chao in general seem fairly neglected these days. Aside from one extremely difficult to find cameo in Unleashed, they've mostly been filler for crowd space in most games so far (none of them even mainstream games either). I wouldn't mind the Chao Garden returning if it were tweaked to be, oh I dunno, less boring and more involving, but really now, it would just be nice to see Chao back in some significant form at all.

Actually to be honest, I've always been hoping for Sega/ST to make a self-parody game of some sort, using Chao versions of the main characters to that effect. Doubt they're ever do one or the other, but that would be pretty fuckin' sweet.

Same here, I don't really miss them. They did provide a thing to do after you beat the game, but it got old... really quickly. They need to make you control the chao instead of A.I.

The biggest appeal of the chao for me was the personality I associated with each one. Here's a list of the memorable chao my brother and I created:

• Named Fruit, this chao was the color of the fruit which fell from the trees in the neutral garden. We only fed him that fruit, no power cores or animals.
  • Night was a dragon chao which had turned into our first dark chao. He was black colored and mostly just for looks. Pink was a blue chao who had leopard arms. She was my brother's flagship stat chao. We considered them married, as much as chao can be. Pink, the woman in the relationship, hit mating seasons often, so they were really busy. Their children were named Dawn, Dusk, and I forget after that. Probably stuff like Midnight or Sunrise, but I'm not sure.
  • Thumbs was a neutral chao who had antelope horns but a peacock jewel on his head. He was always so shy. Then he had a mating season, and we found out he was a girl! Strange times.

I use to sit and raise chao once I collected all of the emblems. I would compete with my brothers to find out who had the best chaos when it came to racing or fighting. We always come close. I still have my Sonic Adventure 2 Battle game if I felt like raising chao, but I haven't picked it up in years...

I've given up buying console Sonic games until Chao Gardens are ressurected

Are you serious?
If they make Chao Gardens more interactive and interesting this time, I'd like to have it in the game. Grinding was a horrible chore which felt like it was there just to cheaply extend the game's playtime.

Not so much the Chao Garden, but the Chao in general seem fairly neglected these days. Aside from one extremely difficult to find cameo in Unleashed, they've mostly been filler for crowd space in most games so far (none of them even mainstream games either). I wouldn't mind the Chao Garden returning if it were tweaked to be, oh I dunno, less boring and more involving, but really now, it would just be nice to see Chao back in some significant form at all.

Actually to be honest, I've always been hoping for Sega/ST to make a self-parody game of some sort, using Chao versions of the main characters to that effect. Doubt they're ever do one or the other, but that would be pretty fuckin' sweet.

"One difficult to find cameo"
Wait a minute... how was finding act 2 difficult? Oh, there also was a DLC stage with Chao. (You're talking about the "FIND THE CHAO" stages.. right?)

Oh, they also put Chao cameos in Sonic and the Black Knight. All the fairies are Chao shaped.

You all forget one thing.
The fact you can put your chao into dangerous boxing matchs and bet on the winner. :U
That and it was just kinda one of the 'aw its so cute' things that some kids enjoyed, and the rest with out hearts just ignored.
Honestly, I enjoyed it, and I enjoyed the fact that I had an AR and hacked the living hell out of alot of the chao.
Only one I miss is my Matt chao, the only chao I raised naturally and had reborn as well.

Chao are awesome. SA2 Chao Garden was fun. I liked seeing the different looks all my Chao could have. Whenever I wanted a dark Chao, I would play Sonic and throw that Chao at the wall for a LOOOONG time. Ha ha!

I've given up buying console Sonic games until Chao Gardens are ressurected
Are you serious?
If they make Chao Gardens more interactive and interesting this time, I'd like to have it in the game. Grinding was a horrible chore which felt like it was there just to cheaply extend the game's playtime.
Yes, yes I am. When did the quality of the console game start to decline?
Sonic Heroes.
When did the Chao Garden leave?
Sonic Heroes.

COINCIDENCE?

COINCIDENCE?

Yes. Can you make posts that aren't stupid like this?
Sonic Heroes is a love-hate game. You either like it or love it, apparently.

Anyways, on-topic, I used to actually legitimately raise Chao when I first played the game. I always got them from the store so they're a specific color (blue, green, purple, and pink were the ones I bought) and I named them after space-themed things.
Sitting for hours with them, it's interesting to see when they interact with the toys and each other, but it's really too bad that they don't seem to actually do interesting things that often. Chao should've interacted with their environments in a way that isn't drowning, flying, or eating fruit.

Oh, let's point out Sonic Advance 1,2,3(sort of) all had Chao gardens.

I'm not going to lie, I loved playing in the Chao Garden. I remember when me and my best friend would do City Escape over and over. Trying to buy fruit and items to raise our Chao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back