[Open Assets] Metal Sonic Done Right

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
ohai i fixd yer metul sawnik
metschar.png
playf0.png

No transformation frames, sowwy.

Attachments

• MetsonNoSound.zip
    59.5 KB · Views: 3,934
Last edited:
Al' right! You finally finished it! :D
It's very awesome, nice work Chrispy.
Hope you might make other remakes.
EDIT: Well, the back getting hurt frame look TOO much to be like SSNTails's style and the run sprites looks like as if he is floating on the ground. Might want to change those things... Sorry if it is too harsh. :\

Last edited:
Uhm, too much like SSNs style? What do you mean?
Also the run frames are based off of super sonic, who is also floating on the ground.

srb20006.png

I TOLD YOU 'BOUT DEM EDGES! >=(

Also...
XSpeedGodX said:
I mean the shading is so good it looks like sonicce

It looks to me that there's only 4 shades for the main color, and about two more shades for each color after that :\

Last edited:
Scizor, for me to fix those edges I'd have to go through and manually edit them out because the same color for that is used in several other places.
Also, SpeedGod, I'll check the offsets, but I'm not going to update the wad until I have more to change. It's too minor of a change.

EDIT: I checked the offsets, they're both the same height, you're just crazy.

If you compare sprite M2M8 with M3M7, you'll see that M2M8 is not using the correct frame. It's supposed to be using what is O2O8, while O2O8 needs to use M2M8. If the issue isn't corrected, Metalsonic will look like he's spinning backwards at that angle. This was annoying issue to put up with for CZ64's Metalsonic and you still haven't fixed that...

Also Frames S5 and T5 aren't using the same shading...

Last edited:
sonic.plr also uses an incorrect spin frame on M2M8, but I fixed it. It's not uploaded yet, though. I'm working on fixing his colors ATM to change colors correctly so that way more than just blue and cyan look good on him. This does mean he'll no longer be dark blue, but that's just something we'll have to put up with. To go along with the fixed colors, he'll also have super transformation frames and maybe other issues fixed if they are mentioned by other people, including the outline.

Does that include the shading error between S5 and T5?
Yes, considering that was an error caused by color remap messing up.
EDIT: Quick question, but does anyone know who made this? It's from the original metalsonic.wad from before neo metal was made, and it's kinda bugging me.

EDIT2: Fixed his colors and decided once again not to add super transformation frames. Those are silly and useless, I don't want to bother with them. I did discover that they do change colors when the player is green, so sonic.plr needs that fixed to go along with the out of place spin frame. Good job, STjr.

Last edited:
Chrispy for your next release add superface to the S_SKIN and make it be the same as face, currently Metal Sonic uses Super Sonic's face icon.

Also the running frames back view and back diagonal view were bugging me due to how low his body seemed to be with his head in the back frame and how his head seems higher in the diagonal frame. Falling frame's shoes need fixing too. :<

Alright, now everyone happy with it? Any more issues?
I'm ready to fix anything that doesn't involve adding neo metal sonic. Let me know now before I update the wad again.

Get rid of the irritating sound effect and give him an ability other than the thok. Maybe the double jump.

Neo do you know how over used Double Jump is lately? If anything I'd say either try a custom ability or just wait till 2.1 and see if there's a better suited ability.

EDIT: Quick question, but does anyone know who made this? It's from the original metalsonic.wad from before neo metal was made, and it's kinda bugging me.
I'm the one who made that. The second frame came out ugly, and I've always hated the shoes. So I left it as only one frame, just like the Super Sonic sprite that was done in SRB2 Christmas.

Neo do you know how over used Double Jump is lately? If anything I'd say either try a custom ability or just wait till 2.1 and see if there's a better suited ability.
Off the top of my head, only Blade's (?) Metal Sonic wad uses it. Float is used by my Eggman wad, and slow fall is used by CZ64's Espio, I think. I believe no wad in the releases section uses glide, swim or no ability.

Where's the overuse?

Off the top of my head, only Blade's (?) Metal Sonic wad uses it. Float is used by my Eggman wad, and slow fall is used by CZ64's Espio, I think. I believe no wad in the releases section uses glide, swim or no ability.

Where's the overuse?

Maybe he ment BEFORE 2.0 was out... (plenty of wads had dj back then)
Offtopic: I came back from the dead, for now...

I actually enjoy the sound effect. Anyone else bothered by it?
Also double jump was overused back in the day, and I'm sure that'll pick back up. I like the idea of giving him thok because he was made to emulate Sonic.
I could give him no ability, if that's still possible in SRB2 2.0

I actually enjoy the sound effect. Anyone else bothered by it?
Also double jump was overused back in the day, and I'm sure that'll pick back up. I like the idea of giving him thok because he was made to emulate Sonic.
I could give him no ability, if that's still possible in SRB2 2.0

CZ64's sound effect is lower pitched than the actual sound file used by Metalsonic in SADX, not sure if he did that on purpose. Personally, I feel that the only way to make it sound fitting is if you were to add a different thok sound effect as well (which I've done to metal in the past for my own purposes) such as the thok sound used by Metalsonic in SADX.

That being said, it is still possible to give characters no ability from what I've seen. Just hope you have something to compensate for that if you decide to remove the ability all together. If only the glide without climb ability (maybe executable unlimited times?) was still intact, that probably could've worked for Metalsonic.

Last edited:
No ability is currently not possible, any number above I believe 6 or 7 which is swimming will result in the character having thok.

Also to go back for a moment about the ability stuff. 2 Metal Sonic wads thok. SonicCE thoks. Super Sonic has thok. Hinote has double thok jump or something along those lines (Yes I know she called it flare jump or whatever). Senku has the somewhat barely used/useful walljump. Cream has fly. There's a Silver somewhere around that has a modified flying like Metal Robotnik's but it's much weaker so it's similar to a slowfall. Metal Robotnik had super jump which is a modified SA Fly. Nitemare, Vector, and Rouge have have gliding. Senya has double jump. Another Metal Sonic wad double jumps. There was a 2.0 Mighty and Amy Rose wad floating around who both have double jump. Eggman super floats. Tailsdoll was... I think either slow fall or super float. Espio has slow fall..

So...

4 Thoks
2 Modified Thoks
1 Flying
2 Modified Flying (super jump)
3 Gliding
4 Double Jumps
3 Floating types (Super float/slow fall)
0 Swims (Swimming animations fail I can see why there are none.)

Tie for Thok and Double jump.. Hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back