TF2 is now available for Mac, Play it for free or buy it for 50% off til june 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Knux

...Now with FISH!
Team Fortress 2 (TF2), the game PC Gamer magazine's editors have called the most fun game ever made, is now available for the Mac via Steam, a leading online platform for games with over 25 million accounts worldwide.

Like all the titles Valve has brought to the Mac platform, TF2 features Steam Play allowing gamers to make one purchase to play the game on both the PC and Mac. In addition, TF2 supports cross platform play -- so Mac gamers can play against/with PC gamers.

Those who purchase TF2 for the Mac will receive a free set of "earbuds" for their favorite player character. Purchase the game this weekend to save 50% off the regular. Or, try the game now via the Team Fortress 2 Free Weekend happening now on Steam.

In addition to all the TF2-Mac goodness, a new single player training mode has been rolled out for both PC and Mac.

Don't have Steam? Get it here.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3930/

If you dont have it already, now is the time to get it.

For those who dont know what TF2 is, it is a team-based FPS in which you may play as one of nine classes, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. here is the official website.

http://www.teamfortress.com/

Those of you who have it on PC, the menu has changed.
WZFUNK.png

The menu change looks awesome. Valve outdid themselves again.

When TF2 can work on my shitty computer and Vista, I'll be playing on their teaching mac noobs how to ubercharge. -.-

Yeah, I'm on a Vista and it works flawlessly
SS45, what are your specs?

Here's mine
2GB Ram
1.8GHZ Dual Cores
Radeon HD 2400

I actually don't like the menu change.

1. It's too complicated
2. It makes my computer lag like shit.
3. I can barely see anything during gameplay, so I'm more likely to be unable to dodge attacks.
4. It crashes everytime I even put my mouse on the start game button.

They could have at least given us an option to go back to the old, simple, fast, and efficient menu.

Then your PC is just, well, shit... don't blame the shiny new menu system.

In other news, guess who got the Earbuds? :D

Then your PC is just, well, shit... don't blame the shiny new menu system.

My game was working UTTERLY fine before the new menu, it didn't have shitloads of lag, it actually let me go online without crashing, and it didn't have the oversized top and bottom borders that block a good deal of in-game view. So yes, I think I should have the right to blame the shiny new menu.

My game was working UTTERLY fine before the new menu, it didn't have shitloads of lag, it actually let me go online without crashing, and it didn't have the oversized top and bottom borders that block a good deal of in-game view. So yes, I think I should have the right to blame the shiny new menu.

Or maybe some engine updates. The menu wouldn't change the in-game experience.

Either way your PC mustn't be great, I can run this game at max on my laptop without any lag. Hell, it works fine on my grandmother's PC.

...have you tried deleting your game content and reinstalling? Or updating your video drivers?

The menu doesn't give me any technical issues, and I've gotten used to it after a while.

Doesn't stop it from being terrible though. There are so many design flaws and inconsistencies that I'd argue for the old menu being far, far more usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back