• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Y'know what pisses me off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2094.jpg

When WadAuthor tells me that a sector isn't closed when it really is. Unfortunately, SRB2 itself seems to back up this claim by making patches, nay, entire sectors -- vanish into thin air.

So much for expanding GFZ1 for SASRB2 =P

Indeed, Zennode. It's what I use. Doesn't help. WadAuthor actually tells me when I error check that two sectors are not connected -- and yet, visibly, they are. It's just somehow... they aren't. Look:

sasrb2_gfz1_e.gif

I've checked, rechecked, joined, rejoined, split, moved, shifted, and checked again all along every linedef in this area and there are no problems in it from my viewpoint.

Yes, that means your sidedefs have the wrong sectors specified. Use the Sector filter (press S) to see what sector SHOULD be on the front and back of each linedef there, then turn the filter off (press N), Raw Edit Data of each linedef, and make it so.

Yea...

When I first started, that was my major problem. That and bugs in an earlier version of DBuilder. The current version works quite well, though.

The red lines also need to be cyan in your original shot.

I gathered that, AJ ;) That's why I posted it.

Anyway, I fixed it last night before going to bed. Not by editing raw data, but by join-linking a bunch of sectors very craftily.

hotdog003 said:
Sorry to change the subject, but I haven't seen that sonic icon or the sky like that ever.

Ah, that's part of Blaze's SASRB2 project he's working on. :)

No we don't. Perhaps what you've been seeing have been early screenshots of Blaze's WAD. He's the only one designing one like this.

Hell, I'm the only one attempting a mod of this scale at ALL =P The only "other" SASRB2 is the one on SRB2 Add-On (also by me), which is just a basic header hack.

This (more or less named "SASRB2 v1.1", to corrispond to the fact it's a new version, plus it uses lots of SRB2 FD1.1 features) does much more -- it changes a lot of the maps, retextures almost the entire game, adds new music, changes how the enemies act, and provides a whole new storyline.

It'll be about five or six maps long (two of those I'll have to create by myself) and feature one brand new boss (Chaingun Eggman), plus tweaks to the Egg Slimer. And, of course, there will be a Super Sonic sequence if you grab all the Chaos Emeralds. I'm even pondering remapping the special stages.

There will also be an Adventure Field (which I've just started work on) for those of you who want to wander around aimlessly.

If you want some screenshots...

gfz1.jpg

gfz2.jpg

gfzboss.jpg

So far, the GFZ stages are the most edited of the bunch; GFZ1 has been extended in length, for instance, and GFZ2 is engineered to play completely backwards to what it plays like in the regular SRB2. Almost every GFZ texture has been replaced.

The Eggman boss has been reworked as well. No longer can he be beaten in 20 seconds; once he sees you he will open fire with his chaingun -- beat feet or become swiss cheese! When you see an opening, smack him one!

thz1.jpg

thz2.jpg

At first it appears not much has changed in Techno Hill Zone, and truthfully, not a lot really has. Act 2 has recived a completely brand new set of textures, though!

Castle Eggman was not pictured because I don't think I'll use that in SASRB2, and the Egg Slimer boss was not pictured because I didn't change anything but the textures. The Adventure field also was not pictured because I only started work on it like.. yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back