Suggestions

Implying we don't see that as a failing of our design philosophy? :V

Last edited:
Could there be some sort level header varable that makes a level Character specific?

I.e.
Maincfg
Name = blah
Charcter = 0/1/2/3

[0= All Characters, 1 = sonic, 2 = tails, 3 = knuckles]

To be fair, the feature as currently implemented is all about changing your character when you go to the level. That's a little different than, say, making a level only happen for one character in the first place Sonic Adventure storyline style, which is a valid alternative desire.

HOWEVER. This is at odds with the classics' level progression system, which we ape wholeheartedly, and therefore there's no real reason for us to want to implement this. So shrug.

Well, to be fair, a SA level progression really isn't all that possible to do with level headers alone. That's more of a hub level thing, which you'd pretty much have to do with Lua, or maybe careful character-specific linedef executor trickery.

I did mean in the terms of mappers but yeah i mean i was making a map soley for the character Sonic and which is pretty difficult and would demand a challange if Only sonic were to be used. But i guess in classic sonic circumstances i guess it wouldnt be valid and really doesnt fit in at all

Also salt basically something like that header but not being able to change mid game/netgame without cheats.

Last edited:
Could we get Loops and Corkscrews?

If you don't want to make sprites for going through the loop or corkscrew, just use the ball sprites.

Also, this is kind of a personal point, but...

It REALLY bothers me when I go into a special stage as Knuckles, play it as Super Sonic, lose, and then turn into Knuckles. Same with Tails.

I know this would make creating character wads a lot harder, but can we have every character have their own special stage sprites?

It REALLY bothers me when I go into a special stage as Knuckles, play it as Super Sonic, lose, and then turn into Knuckles. Same with Tails.

I know this would make creating character wads a lot harder, but can we have every character have their own special stage sprites?

Maybe we could just have the player skin forced to sonic in special stages.

I always thought they should just have Nights in the Special Stages

I mean might as well go the whole nine yards, right

I always thought they should just have Nights in the Special Stages

I mean might as well go the whole nine yards, right

I think that would make more sense because, if you think about it, being Super Sonic in a special stage doesn't make sense. He doesn't have all the emeralds yet, correct? How did he turn super if he doesn't have all the emeralds?

Our official answer is that it's a dream so don't worry about it. We may eventually add some extra graphics to help make that clear in-game, but it's not a high priority.

Dedicated (not re-used from normal gameplay) NiGHTS sprites for all characters are on the table for 2.2, although the default for custom characters (and if we don't finish the sprites in time) will continue to be Super Sonic.

Loops and corkscrews, on the other hand, are very much not. Slopes and quarter pipes provided several gameplay benefits that resulted in them getting made eventually after much complaining; loops and corkscrews don't have that added edge. Maybe it might seem "cool", but how much does it add to the gameplay experience? Nothing slopes by themselves don't provide.

EDIT: Was on the last page and didn't see this one. That's why what I'm focusing on is kinda out-of-date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Sonic controls are considered terrible for beginners, why not put the word "Hard" in big letters to let them know what they're about to go into lol.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back