Another Mac won't launch SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to help my son with this. I've read through all the posts on the topic, but there continue to be no specifics on fixing this issue.
We've downloaded the Mac version numerous times, and always get the same thing... It starts - just barely - then disappears. Just stops.
800 MHz PowerPC G3; 640 MB SDRAM; OS 10.4.11.

Any suggestions? He's hell-bent on playing this game!

Were did you download it? Most people download the old version from some site. The old version does not have the framework built in and the read me file on how to make a framework is badly written. The new one has the framework built in. So there is no need to make a framework for the game.

Try downloading this one. Its the new version.
http://lawarias.game-server.cc:81/~alam/SRB2/Srb2mac.zip

Can't locate log.txt; no folder on desktop

Cueball61: There's no folder, therefore no log.txt. The download results in just a sonic icon on my desktop.

jrose05: I read through earlier posts and know of what you speak. The URL you refer is the most recent we've used.

Next suggestion/question?

The log file is saved somewhere. but I forgot where. Let me check.

Edit: Mine as it right next to it. but its not called log.txt. Its called srb2log.txt

More downloads than we know; no srb2log.txt

mikesword221: At least 6 or 7 times on the download count. All from the "correct" URL come without folder.

jrose05: I did a "spotlight" for srb2log.txt. No such thing.

But at least you guys are trying to help... THANKS!

Now if we can just get the right suggestion? (Don't stop trying now!)

Stuffit Expander Crashes

The "stop" happens now with the new posted link as well.
Do you want the "Problem Report for Stuffit Expander?"

One more thing...

I went to the Stuffit Expander site and downloaded the most recent release, to be sure that's not the problem. Went through that whole process - including restarts, and that still doesn't do it.

I saved the error report, and will be happy to send it, but it's quite extensive. Your call.

Meanwhile, it's 12:16 am here, and we're hitting the sack for the night. I'll cross my fingers - my son will have this in his prayers - and we'll hope for the best tomorrow morning.

Once again, thanks so much for paying attention to us little guys.

Still no luck.

Now when I double click the .zip file, I do get a folder. But inside it is a text file... When I double click that one, I get an error message:
"You cannot open the application "Srb2mac" because it may be damaged or incomplete."

Please don't stop helping! I (via my son) am in this to the end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back