FRAPS alternative to recording SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerio Da Wolf

I can't be destroyed...
Hey guys, I want to record a video of my new level to plug it to the masses. But the thing is, I don't want to use FRAPS, because I don't have enough disk space to hold uncompressed vids. Anyone have a good alternative program to record SRB2 antics?

You could always use Cam Studio. You have to play in window mode to record Software, though. Or, you can record in Open GL mode. You can find information about Cam Studio here- http://camstudio.org/

It's not as great as Fraps, but it does a good job.

You could always use Cam Studio. You have to play in window mode to record Software, though.

It's not as great as Fraps, but it does a good job.

CamStudio tends to lag if your moving fast in the game, because when I used CamStudio to make some Emblem Walkthroughs, it showed lag issues in many parts of the video where I was moving fast, yet while recording it showed NO SIGN of lag.

It might defer for other people, so I don't know.

The major thing about camstudio is that the speed will probably depend somewhat on the codec you record to. I used to think it was a horribly laggy program until I changed the codec, after which it worked perfect.

because I don't have enough disk space to hold uncompressed vids. Anyone have a good alternative program to record SRB2 antics?

Get more space, then. It's the best way to ensure high-quality recordings and minimize quality degradation from re-encoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back