Suggestions

It might be somewhat imbalanced to do that while having an Attraction Shield, just of because how powerful Super is. However, having to have an opponent shoot you so you can go Super is just poor design. While some maps do have hazards to remove the shield, and you can always pick up the flag to force others to shoot you, there are still many problems with it. Not only can they simply not shoot you, they also could simply rail you in a level like Nimbus Ruins. And not every map has a hazard to kill your shield(and the Elemental Shield protects you from many).

I suggest that either every map has spikes or something of the like to remove the shield, or that "Taunt"(if the button still exists; if not something else) turns you Super with your shield disappearing.

Oh, and add Emerald toss to Match mode. That way at least you have some defense against the Recycler(which isn't a good idea to begin with, but that's another topic entirely).

Maybe make it so that the Attraction shield attracts enemy rings (thrown) so that it makes it more balanced. As for the rail though, it should just bend it instead of making it hit instantly (not sure if this is possible).

I know that Inuyasha mentioned that he dislikes the current Statistics screen. I do too...it's awkward and irritating to flip through pages. I think the Statistics screen should have a scrolling feature instead.

The menu system as a whole needs rewriting really, not just one screen. And by rewriting, I don't mean "shift some things around" I mean actually change the system so that you can not only fit more stuff on it, but you can also do more with it, including scrolling, etc.

RE: Shield, why has nobody thought that maybe just removing the shield when you go super would work...?

Last edited:
The menu system as a whole needs rewriting really, not just one screen. And by rewriting, I don't mean "shift some things around" I mean actually change the system so that you can not only fit more stuff on it, but you can also do more with it, including scrolling, etc.

RE: Shield, why has nobody thought that maybe just removing the shield when you go super would work...?

Back in the day play sonic 3, having a shield with all the emeralds was nice because it meant you could play unhindered and get as many rings as you could before using supersonic. The same idea often applies in match, where you'd want to build up more rings first while still being able to use your character's abilities.

Not that there shouldn't be a way to get rid of a shield or transform with one, I'm just saying that it shouldn't force you to use that if implemented.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into this, but surely you have better things to do with your time than watch someone ELSE play SRB2. Spectator mode isn't implemented because we want to encourage people to watch others play in netplay, it's implemented to make it possible to join CTF games without a team. That really is the only reason. Coop isn't a competitive gametype, so there should be no problem with you watching another player move around temporarily.

I think in tag the players that are not it shouldn't be able to use the character abilities. Only because its very tedious to try to catch a guy who is playing as sonic and randomly thoking around the place. At least give the It people more of a chance because trying to battle a person playing as sonic is way easier than trying to chase someone who just thoks around avoiding every single thing you throw. At least you can rail tails and knuckles out of the sky though.

it's called aiming

it really does help

if it's that hard to hit sonic, you could spam grenades and explosion everywhere

if it's that hard to hit sonic, you could spam grenades and explosion everywhere

Could being the key word. That only works on a map with explosion and grenade rings. Of which, the single player stages are a little scarce of.

There's a good reason why those stages don't support that mode.
To complain about a map not working in a gameplay mode you aren't supposed to play on it just doesn't make sense.

I wasn't.

I was just pointing out that bomb and grenade rings aren't always up for the grabs. And by the way, most tag servers I've seen are in the Single Player stages, too.

2.) We're not going through this mess again; Sonic is the only character with a super form in singleplayer.
Um, he said transformation sprites.
5.) We already have one. It's called the Force Shield.
That blocks two hits, not like the basic shield which would block one hit.

Sector Effect - Cancels Super
As you should figure out, this cancels Super forms when you step onto the sector.

I wasn't.

It sure seemed like it. If it's not relevant to your point that there aren't any Grenade or Bomb Rings, it's not good to choose an example of something that doesn't even support the game mode.
Isn't Bounce usually enough? It's easily spammable, and if you shoot parallel to the ground, it's deadly even on flat land.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back