In need of DS Games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have loads of free time on your hands try disgaea DS, its a tatical game that Im looking for myself.
Another would be profeser layton if you like games that make you feel dumb for not getting the obvious answer to the question.
And my final recomendation would be luminous arc, a light hearted game thats like disgaea (tatical RPG thingy) and the plot (whilst somewhat predictable) is actually well writen, but im not sure if its all of the RPG's that I have played or if I hang around TV tropes to much but I can find a lot of "lampshade hanging" in the game

XAlted said:
Yoshi's Island DS.

If you've played Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, then prepare to be sorely disappointed by Yoshi's Island DS; it's just an all-around worse game. There are fewer levels, no super items, and the difficulty is a lot harder.

super said:
If you have loads of free time on your hands try disgaea DS, its a tatical game that Im looking for myself.
This. The porting job isn't too bad for the console in question, and it has even more content than the PSP version. It's absolutely fun to play, even if you're not into tactical games. The only downside is that the graphics and music are a bit lower quality than the PSP/PS2 versions, and there's less voice acting. Oh, and this version doesn't include The Invasion From Within by Tsunami Bomb.

Or if you're looking for a nice, simple but touching RPG to play, I'd suggest Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure.

Megaman ZX series is neat. I spent a little over 20 hours with the first game. Perhaps a little short if you blaze right through, so take your time. Could be difficult, but it can't stand up to, say, the Zero series there. (Excluding Omega. Man, that guy's a *censored*)

It's been difficult to find a good game for the console otherwise. I enjoyed playing Pokemon, but you probably have to be 'into' it. Sonic Rush is somewhat fun but lacking at the same time... it's too speed-focused in my opinion, but I had my fun with it.

Apart from what everyone else agrees on: You might want to try out Yu-gi-oh!: World Championship 2008. Mostly because then I can whoop your ass up and down the dueling field.

Megaman Star Force series (especially #3 naoz) FTW
Try The Price is Right for the DS. Lots of W1N in that game. Right, SonicMaster?

MAy I also add Twewy (the world ends with you) Kingdom hearts 358/2 days (its coming out next month if you're willing to wait that long), and Pokemon platinum (even if you have pearl or platinum I'd still buy it, you'll learn more)

I am displeased at the lack of Meteos in this topic. Probably my favorite puzzle game. It's sorta like Tetris Attack/Puzzle League, only when you make a match, the blocks turn into rockets and push the others upward. You are trying to match the blocks enough times to push them back into space before they kill the planet.

It has different playstyles depending on the planet, a very customizable multiplayer which works with up to 4 players even if you only have one copy of the game (although they need their own copies if they want to play on other planets), a story mode with alternate paths that help unlock new planets, and the opening cinema is very impressive for DS graphics. I highly recommend it. I even like it better than Tetris Attack!

Chaos Knux said:
Apart from what everyone else agrees on: You might want to try out Yu-gi-oh!: World Championship 2008. Mostly because then I can whoop your ass up and down the dueling field.
Heh. After I clean your clock again in Pokemon, I'll think about it. You should've told me to bring illegal's sooner. ANYWAY!

I've either owned or played everything here. The exception being Desgaea, which my brother has on his DS, so I'm not sure exactly how this will work yet, but I can tell you right now I'm not deeply in love with the disgusting camera or item system. I will watch the new releases, but ATM I'm considering a PSP.

New releases you say? In that case best keep an eye on Scribblenauts. Any game that lets you travel back in time to find a dinosaur mount to flatten robot zombies HAS to be awesome.

Seeing as you've apparently got a thing for RPG's too, I'd recommend the Chrono Trigger DS remake if you get your hands on it. Including the extra bonus content in there, there's about 20-30 hours worth in it.

It's weird how no one mentioned Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Advance Wars is one of the longest running and highest rated video game series there is.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is worth a look, i was pleasently surprised by how good it is and it has me looking for more tactics games to play now.

Although it's been mentioned a few times, TWEWY is certainly worth a look.

Mario 64 DS
Mario Party DS
Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure
Metroid Prime Hunters
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare DS

Soon to come:
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days (played the japanese one, it is pure awesome!)
Mario And Luigi 3

If you're a fan of Final Fantasy and Action RPGs, I would suggest the DS Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles games. They're like Zelda in so many ways, except you've gotta manually pick up the loot dropped by enemies, with a few other differences.

But if you DO get a PSP, and you're a fan of racing games, the Midnight Club games are my choice for racing games. Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition has you going through 3 cities, 2 that you unlock, and Midnight Club LA Remix has shorter loading times, better graphics (imo), and a separate Tokyo Career that you can unlock.

And whoever said Sonic Rush Adventure didn't need the touch screen is wrong. You need to use the touchscreen to steer a couple of the water vehicles and shoot enemies on the other 2 water vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back