Post your pics/art here!

imagen001jk.jpg

Just a Random Thing I made In Class the other day. :D

I've been practicing.

Sonic from the Japanese OVA *Note. I did NOTtrace this.
Sonic-2.png

Sonic admiring a Chili Dog
Chili.png

Princess Peach
4-20-201040248PM.png

Greg, I am SO JEALOUS of your shading... It's wonderful~ I really need to practice it more... But as always, your art is frighteningly lovely and I hope to read some more scans of the comic strips soon~

Time for colored stuffs! 8P I started using my markers again... I love those markers... COPiC=♥

Um.... Hyeah. First have a simple pic of Honey. No shading or anything. 8P
2zz3mfo.png

And a pic of some random person I drew from my brain. I asked my friend to name her and she gave her one of the most generic otaku names EBUR. I really screwed up coloring her hair. I might re-color it cuz I always scan my pics before I color them. I'll probably take more time on coloring her skin as well...
2utme5g.png

FISHSTOMACH

And my Favorite VOCALOID song~ Magnet~ Not inked cuz I lost my inking pens if you guys didn't notice from the last two pics. So there's way too much uncolored that should be black or grey. It's an absolutely beautiful song and haz been listening to it forever.
1zd7pu0.png

AND NAO I WILL GET BEATEN OVER THE HEAD BY TEH ENTIRE SONIC FANBASE
Really... I hate yaoi with EVERYTHING... except Sonic pairings for some reason. S+K is my OTP cuz I'm a nerd like that. Love Yuri for everything else 'cept Sonic. 8P Sonic's spikes too small and had to ink with Sharpie and ball-point pen so blah.
Sonic magnet
sdg18j.png

Last edited:
It's funny Chao, but your second picture of that lady-like abomination seems slightly familiar to a creature in Silent Hill. By that I mean the arms.

I've actually never played Silent Hill... 83 The most I've seen is Pyramid Head and someone cosplaying a nurse~ What's the creatures name? I'd like to look it up~

Does anyone know where I can find a Super Mario drawing tutorial? I googled it but all I get is Paper Mario & some pages that Google Chrome says may harm my computer. If someone can find one for me, I would be very thankful. *offtopic* I used correct grammar. Do I get a cookie?

Sadly I still couldn't draw Mario...
Wait... why? A lack of time? That's the only legitimate excuse I can think of. Seriously, you've got all the steps needed to draw Mario. All you have to do is to follow them. It doesn't even have to look good the first or second or ninetieth time either. All that matters is that you get in the practice.

Spirit Dragon, if you'd pen in your drawings after you pencil them (or better yet, pen and color them in), everybody would be able to view your work without squinting. Also, as long as you're sketching anyway, why not fill in the entire paper? It'll be more practice for you.

Last edited:
I've actually never played Silent Hill... 83 The most I've seen is Pyramid Head and someone cosplaying a nurse~ What's the creatures name? I'd like to look it up~

Never played Silent Hill myself, but I do remember a few creatures. Anyway I found one of the creatures that have the same exact arms your picture has. I would go to the Silent Hill wiki and look up Mandarin. Or just google it, what ever floats your boat.

While working on my portfolio for college, I realized something as I was drawing all these cartoon characters: I don't really know how to draw a life-like human with shading and all the works, which is apparently required in my portfolio where I hope to apply (and I'd also like to work more on doing that).

So, can anyone give any tips when it comes to drawing/sketching life-like humans, along with the shading and lighting that comes with it? Especially on drawing hands, I just hate drawing hands.

Oh, and while I'm at it...

Back_in_1928____by_Piggybank12.png

Here's the characters I had back a few pages in an old 1920's style, minus the necessary film grain effect and hand painted backgrounds. :(

If someone could tell me a way to make decent-looking film grain and backgrounds in just Flash, I'm listening.

If you want to make still pictures, don't ever, ever, ever use flash. It's fine for animating, but it'll give you a lot unnecessary hassle for quite simple stuff. Get GIMP, Paint.NET, or if you got the cash/don't have moral issues get Photoshop.
As for the film grain, I think you could get a great effect by making a new symbol, and drawing random dots and lines. After you do that, you might want to loop it.
On the other hand, I just googled "film grain effect flash" and got this nifty tutorial, which also covers those "sliding lines".

Spirit Dragon, your proportions are always off. I'd try some good "how-to-draw" Sonic and co. tutorials. That way you can also learn about how to use basic shapes to construct drawings, which I don't believe you do now. I challenge you to do that and to show your completed work as part of your next post in this thread. And be sure to pen it in too!

And for the last time, fill in the entire page whenever you doodle. Not doing so is such a goddamn waste.

Anyways, hypocritically cheap-ass Paint manipulation stuff from me:

66bvwj.png

UBOAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! (Mad props to chrono-fox at DeviantArt, whose original Uboa image I so gleefully ripped without his explicit permission)

Last edited:
Because I rarely fill the page, I go in to some image editing program and crop out the white space. I also adjust the brightness and contrast for anything I draw. I'm surprised at how few people do the first part (as unnecessary but useful the second is).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back