Emblems for other characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz T

Bool Man Larry
Judge
I have a quick question, I'm making a mod that has 3 + 1 extra characters. Is it possible to make emblems for the extra characters as well?

Erm... What the hell does 3+1 means? Does it mean 3 original characters and 1 added or 4 added?

Short answer: Yes and no.

Long answer:

If you add emblems for a fourth character and the mod's wad file includes this character, it will work -- provided you don't add any other characters to the game prior to adding the mod.

As the game starts up, it has the following characters:

0: Sonic
1: Tails
2: Knuckles

Imagine you have a mod which includes Amy Rose as a playable character. When you add this file, the character roster becomes this:

3: Amy

Therefore, if you include emblems tied to Character 3 in the mod's MAINCFG, they will appear for Amy as planned. However, if before you load the mod you add another character wad, let's say, Shadow, the character list becomes this:

3: Shadow

Adding the mod will append Amy to the end of the list, like so:

4: Amy

However, the MAINCFG is setting emblems for Character 3, so they will appear for Shadow instead of Amy as was originally intended. There is currently no way to avoid this.

I come here because I need also an emblem for additional characters.
Emblems of S/T/K have their sprites. But the emblems of the extra characters (3 and +) will not have graphics ?

Emblems only have one sprite, they just change colors to whatever the character's prefcolor is.

Short answer: Yes and no.

Long answer:

If you add emblems for a fourth character and the mod's wad file includes this character, it will work -- provided you don't add any other characters to the game prior to adding the mod.

As the game starts up, it has the following characters:

Imagine you have a mod which includes Amy Rose as a playable character. When you add this file, the character roster becomes this:

3: Amy

Therefore, if you include emblems tied to Character 3 in the mod's MAINCFG, they will appear for Amy as planned. However, if before you load the mod you add another character wad, let's say, Shadow, the character list becomes this:

Adding the mod will append Amy to the end of the list, like so:

4: Amy

However, the MAINCFG is setting emblems for Character 3, so they will appear for Shadow instead of Amy as was originally intended. There is currently no way to avoid this.
What if everything is loaded at the same time using via SRB2Launcher or MS-BACH (whatever its called)?

Nothing is ever loaded at the same time. The files will be loaded sequentially in the order they were entered.

Nothing is ever loaded at the same time. The files will be loaded sequentially in the order they were entered.
Hmm well what'll happened if I put in the first character in with the main wad then everything else gets loaded in with seprete wads using MS-DOSBATCH (whatever it's called)

If you put say 3 extra characters into the main wad it'll load them in order, so if you added Amy, Shadow, and Metal Sonic, you could have the mod make sure for a fact that their emblems appear for the original three and only those other three characters UNLESS you add characters before the main wad, but that's not too bad a problem.

Here's an actual example. I have a wad called Drifters.wad. I placed Senku in the wad first, then Senya below him, then Nitemare below both Senku and Senya. When I add the wad to SRB2 any emblems for character 3 will appear for Senku, 4 for Senya and 5 for Nitemare since they were built in in the order added. If I added a character like Shadow first then added the main wad, Shadow would replace Senku, Senya would replace Nitemare, and Nitemare would have no emblems.

Here's an actual example. I have a wad called Drifters.wad. I placed Senku in the wad first, then Senya below him, then Nitemare below both Senku and Senya. When I add the wad to SRB2 any emblems for character 3 will appear for Senku, 4 for Senya and 5 for Nitemare since they were built in in the order added. If I added a character like Shadow first then added the main wad, Shadow would replace Senku, Senya would replace Nitemare, and Nitemare would have no emblems.
OOhhhh, I see now, but then after that I found character -255 = all (I think?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back