Sonic in SMG2!? (False Rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Foxblitzz might have missed is that the shadow in the picture still looks like Mario riding on Yoshi. And where is the red circle around Mario's photoshop'd leg!?

Also, an example of a GOOD crossover would be:

Wait for it...

Sonic and Megaman!!! *bustered*

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't these the same guys who first started the rumour of Sonic being a playable character in Super Smash Bros Melee? Or am I thinking a different Ninty mag here?
Wrong magazine the real magazine wasn't even a nintendo mag, its EGM. (Electronic Gaming Monthly) ON TOPIC:I can actualy see how Sonic would be in MG2. Bowser shoots cannon ball at Mario knocking him to Sonic's version of Earth.(Brawl reference) However Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik isn't actually happy about everyone's favorite red plumber showing up. So Mario has to enlist Sonic to help escape "Earth".

It would be cool (been a fan of both from a young age) but if anything a cameo... Perhaps like Yoshi's in the original.

Last edited:
Bowser shoots cannon ball at Mario knocking him to Sonic's version of Earth.(Brawl reference) However Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik isn't actually happy about everyone's favorite red plumber showing up. So Mario has to enlist Sonic to help escape "Earth".

No. Just no. That would never, ever happen. Besides, Ninty mentioned that Galaxy 2 wouldn't have an elaborate storyline anyway, so why bother with such a prediction?

It would be cool (been a fan of both from a young age) but if anything a cameo... Perhaps like Yoshi's in the original.

No, it wouldn't. Please keep Sonic out of my Mario.

The first thing I thought when I heard "Sonic" and "SMG2" together in the same sentence was "No"..
Yet, it COULD be possible, if Nintendo is willing to, then that would be great. Seeing Sonic in a game like Super Mario Galaxy 2 would be too good to be true, but if its true, I'd be at a store the day its released.

They wouldn't put Sonic in any Mario games because that is really the whole point of the "Sonic and Mario" series. They'd branch that franchise out before they bring Sonic into enough Mario games and vice versa to make it redundant.

Also, Sonic's speed would not function in the kind of physics Super Mario Galaxy featured. Mario's movements are all so much more precise, and even ice-shoed Luigi would be easier than moving around with Sonic. Also, Sonic's trademark moves are, a dash (whether a spindash, drift, kick, rolling spin, he's always had it), a jump dash or homing attack (he's had it or something similar in every game since Sonic Adventure, and even then it was in Sonic 3 in the form of the fire shield), and the ability to gain speed.
The physics of Super Mario Galaxy are not designed for a very fast paced character. Play against cosmic luigi and you'll find that the game doesn't exactly offer much in terms of speed and the levels aren't really designed for it anyway. Just imagine how frustrating it would be balancing on those moving platforms in Toy Time or running on the narrow walkways in Space Junk as Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back