Official Time Attack Records (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tailsmastermind, I don't suggest posting a link to time attack videos that do not beat the current records listed for each level ingame. Meanwhile, HOW THE HECK DID YOU GET ULTIMATE MODE???

What do you mean "do not beat the current record"? The records completely destroys the current Knuckles ones.

Last edited:
I dunno what was so impressive. I know for certain it isn't as good as it could be.

@ SML - Your point being? We have been taking records for all characters for a while. Oh, and I believe I have those 3 records anyway.

Yeah, it's clearly not optimized, but you used methods I hadn't even thought of, and I find clever usage of game mechanics to be generally awesome.

I would never have thought of using the Knuckles path on a time attack in DSZ2, but it's clearly faster.

SML - Not related to this topic in the slightest and I believe multiple have gotten this out. heck, I showed it in my ultimate run.
Bring down console and type in "ULTIMATE" and it will automatically activate.

Mystic - The best idea I had in there came from using the Knuckles path, and that idea came to me from watching Turbo's video of DSZ2.
Unless that's what you mean by "game mechanics"

Last edited:
Right, forgot about that. Anyway, as listed on my wiki page, my lowest time on GFZ1 is 29 seconds.

Yeah, that is what I mean. We put a lot of things into each of the stages, and don't really worry about what is the "fastest" method through a level. Hence, seeing the Knuckles area used in a time attack is neat because I assure you, when we put it in, it wasn't intended to be the "fast" way through the level =P

But, ironically, it ended up being the fastest.

EDIT: I have my own personal Time Attack strategy that is extremely simple and works on most levels. All you need is a straight and a character that can spindash and thok. Then just spin while running, jump, and thok. Then repeat. It works alot better with SMS though. (My god, SMSunleashed has a skin that has acceleration that's TOO FAST!!!)

Last edited:
I think that might be a complete record, there. But I can't say for sure. I'd have to try it myself first.

Ugh, I got some good special stage runs, but I cannot record them due to them not being on the time attack list. Is there a way around this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back