Interface and Accessibility Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with MosaicMario that there should still be a visual indicator in-game that autobrake is on and affecting your movement. Maybe keep the replay HUD autobrake thingy for the main game as well? It'd work well with having the autobrake toggle right on the pause menu.

Also yeah, the Egg Slimer shoulda been green but I guess that's moot now.

Holy shit. SRB2 gets better and better every time I look at it, literally.

Great update! 2.2 is going to look so damn pretty.

While I've barely contributed at all for a longer time now and only lurk a bit here and there I'd like to crawl out of my grave for a short time and mention that I think it's amazing of you to include more options for the visually and hearing impaired because, while I do not really need these new features, I do have other disabilities that make playing games harder and seeing more accessibility in games always makes me very happy for those who can benefit from it. With all the negative developments in modern games this is an area with increasingly positive tendencies and it's great that this also affects indie games and fangames.

Kudos to you, and keep having a good time working on 2.2.

A small little thing I noticed:

nov17b.png

I think Camera Left and Camera Right should be placed above Camera Up and Camera Down to emphasize that those keys are far, far more important.

Last edited:
A small little thing I noticed: -Image- I think Camera Left and Camera Right should be placed above Camera Up and Camera Down to emphasize that those keys are far, far more important.
In my opinion, "up-down-left-right" seems nicer(/neater/more common) than "left-right-up-down" in control scheme orderings. And as Goldenhog said, that's also consistent with the movement keys also being sorted as "up-down-left-right" (or "forward-backward-left-right"), which is a plus.

Just list the controls as "Move Up, Camera Up, Move Down, Camera Down, Move Left, Camera Right, Camera Left, Move Right, Spin, Jump, Pause"

"Character facing whatever direction is pressed" kinda sounds problematic to me, In the more Modern Sonic games i'm used to having Sonic Home-attack at the direction he's facing (pretty much the same way Analog mode acts), this new Thing could lead to some serious confusion especially among new players coming most likely after having played the other official 3D titles.

THIS IS GONNA BE AMAZEBALLS
I'm tearing up at how fast you guys are making progress!
At this rate, it's gonna be a Christmas 2018 release!

Godspeed, Devs!

Besides, we wouldn't release on Christmas anyways. Release day = panicked patch day. We need to have people available to do things, and Christmas is a holiday where people won't be available.

Then just make sure the people downloading it aren't available either. That way, you can release the update, and nobody will be around to play it. Problem solved.

^ Already done, kinda, some people probably gave up waiting lol.

Last edited:
Besides, we wouldn't release on Christmas anyways. Release day = panicked patch day. We need to have people available to do things, and Christmas is a holiday where people won't be available.
fijYhTE.jpg

Moral of the story; Don't put a set release date for some videos and games.

A lot of levels will probably be fine. There are several special effects that have had their setup and functionality changed, but as long as the level doesn't use any of those, it should be fine. For example: Red Volcano 1 works in 2.2 without any updates at all, but Egg Rock 1 and 2 needed minor updates to get the zoom tubes working again.

Characters will definitely need to be updated before they'll work in 2.2. Pretty much everything about them has been broken thanks to palette changes and a new player sprite system.

Lua scripts are a bit iffy; I'm not sure what all has changed there. I imagine there will be many of them that need to be updated, especially any that refer to player state names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back